HOBO U30-NRC Weather Station Starter Kit
Rugged data logging weather station with out-of-the-box convenience
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Setup is quick and easy with plug-and-play sensors
- ±0.25% of FSR from 50mV to FSV accuracy
- Fast data offload via USB
- Optional analog inputs with sensor excitation
- Compatible with most Onset smart sensors
- 15 data channels maximum
- Some sensors use more than one channel
- Alarm output relay rated for 30V and 1A max
- Can be activated, deactivated, or pulsed
- Configured as normally open or normally closed
- Nonvolatile flash data storage, 512KB local storage
- External power via 3W solar panel
- Electronics are housed in NEMA 6 enclosure
What's in the Box
- HOBO U30 NRC data logger
- 3W solar panel
- Temp/RH smart sensor & 2m cable
- Wind speed smart sensor & 3m cable
- Wind direction smart sensor & 3m cable
- Full crossarm for wind sensors
- Solar radiation shield for temp/RH sensor
The HOBO U30-NRC weather station starter kit is a rugged data logging weather station with out-of-the-box convenience. Combining the HOBO U30-NRC remote monitoring system and a number of weather sensors including a temperature/RH sensor, wind speed sensor, and wind direction sensor, the U30-NRC provides a basic platform from which other sensors can be added.
The U30-NRC accepts up to 10 plug-and-play Smart Sensors. Just plug in your sensor and it's automatically recognized – no programming, wiring or calibration necessary. Additional sensors for barometric pressure, leaf wetness, light intensity, rainfall, soil moisture, and more are fully supported by the U30-NRC.
The U30-NRC is designed for rugged outdoor environments. All electronics are housed within a double-weatherproof, tamper-proof enclosure tested to NEMA 6. External power is supplied via a 3W solar panel to accommodate remote applications. Data can be recorded and monitored remotely via HOBOlink. Use HOBOware Pro software to set up analog data channels, communicate with the logger locally, and perform advanced plotting and analysis.
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Local Weather Monitoring
The Background: Our customer is a lab that conducts research that can be influenced by the weather. To understand how much effect the weather has on their experiments, they seek a way to monitor and record weather conditions.
The Problem: The customer wants a solution that can be mounted on the roof and provide reliable weather data. They do not need professional level instruments but, rather, something easy to use and dependable.
The Solution: We recommended the HOBO U30-NRC weather station starter kit, a rugged data logging weather station with out-of-the-box convenience. The U30-NRC combines a remote monitoring station with a temperature/RH sensor, wind speed sensor, and wind direction sensor. Additional plug and play sensors can be added, as needed.