PIE 820-Elite Multifunction Process Calibrator
Designed for those who require the best tools, the PIE 820-Elite performs the work of 8 single function calibrators
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Intuitive menu makes it easier to setup than other multifunction calibrators
- Use it as a milliamp and voltage calibrator
- Calibrate directly in temperature to 0.1°C & 0.1°F
- Checkout flow and vibration systems
- Troubleshoot loop & wiring problems
- Simulate pH probes into transmitters & analyzers
- Measure pressure with optional pressure modules
- Easy to read backlit display
- Quickly set any three outputs plus automatic stepping & ramping
- Measure temperature sensors, frequency pickups, loop currents, voltage levels & pressures
- Generous, 3-year warranty
- NIST Traceable Calibration Certificate included
The Practical Instruments Electronics (PIE) 820-Elite multifunction calibrator performs the work of 8 single function calibrators. Designed for technicians and engineers who require the best tools to do their work, the 820-Elite version of the popular PIE 820 has greater resolution, more ranges, patented current leak detection and standards lab accuracy making it one of the highest performing calibrators on the market today.
Functions of the PIE 820-Elite Multifunction Calibrator:
Milliamp Calibrator: With the 820-Elite you can check, calibrate and measure all your current signal instruments in a 4 to 20 milliamp DC loop. It can be used at any access point in a loop. Source & Read 0.000 to 24.000 mA, simulate a 2-wire transmitter or use the 820-Elite to simultaneously power your 2-wire transmitter and measure its output.
Voltage Calibrator: The 820-Elite can check, calibrate and measure all your voltage, millivolt and pH signal instruments in your plant. Source 0.000 to 10.250 V dc, -500.00 to 999.99 mV and -20.000 to 99.999 mV. Use it to check loop power supplies, I/V converters, 1 to 5 Volt signals, and other voltages.
Frequency Calibrator: Generate zero crossing square waves to check, calibrate and measure all the frequency signal instruments in your plant. Source and read frequencies from 1 to 2000 CPM (Counts-Per-minute), 0.01 to 999.00 Hz, 0.1 to 9999.9 Hz and 0.001 to 20.000 kHz.
Thermocouple Calibrator: The 820-Elite works with the thermocouples you use including types J, K, T, E, R, S, B, N, G, C, D, L (J-DIN), U (T-DIN) and P (Platinel II). Easily set any value quickly to within 0.1° with the adjustable digital potentiometer plus recall any three temperatures for instant recall. Trouble shoot sensor connections and find broken wires or corroded connections.
RTD, Resistance Calibrator: With the 820-Elite you can check & calibrate all your RTD instruments and measure RTD sensors. The 820-Elite works with the RTDs you use including Platinum 100 (alpha = 3850, 3902, 3916, 3926) & 1000 (alpha = 3850) Ohm, Copper 10 & 50 Ohm, Nickel 100 and 120 Ohm. Easily set any value quickly to within 0.1° with the adjustable digital potentiometer plus store any three temperatures for instant recall.
pH Simulator: Use the pH simulator to verify proper operation of pH devices before you place a probe into a calibrated buffer.
Continuity Checker: Use the built-in continuity checker to look at wiring and connections during installation or to locate shorts. Beeps from 0 to 100 Ohms.
Current Leak Detector: Measure ground current leakage from faulty wiring, flooded conduit and corrosion bridges to help you decide if there is a wiring problem in the loop.
The PIE 820-Elite multifunction calibrator ships complete with:
- Certificate of Calibration
- Four "AA" alkaline batteries
- Blue rubber boot
- Evolution hands free carrying case
- Evolution mA/V test leads: 1 red & 1 black lead with banana plugs & alligator clips
- Evolution RTD wire kit: 2 red & 2 black leads with banana plugs & spade lugs