Honeywell XNX Universal Gas Transmitter
Universal gas transmitter supports the widest range of sensors on a common platform and offers a modular choice of inputs and outputs
Need Help? Call a Temperature Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- 3 Versions - supports (Catalytic Bead and IR Cell), Electrochemical Cell and IR (point and open-path) gas detection
- Multi-Purpose Detector (MPD) with field serviceable mV, Catalytic bead and IR Cell capability
- Simple plug-in Sensors and replaceable cells
- Multiple communications options include up to 3 relays, Modbus® and FOUNDATION® H1 Fieldbus
- 4-20 mA with HART® as standard
- Optional local IS port for handheld HART configurator
- NEMA 4X IP66 rated for rugged indoor/outdoor use
- Five conduit entries for ease of installation
- Large, backlit, easy-to-view LCD display offers multisensory indicators (visual icons, colored buttons, text, etc.) to display gas and Sensor readings
- Self-test and fault indication features
- Quick calibration with auto-inhibit
- UL, CSA, FM, DEMKO, DEKRA, InMetro, TUV, ABS, HART, FIELDBus Foundation, GOST and KTL approved for Hazardous Locations, Gas Performance and SIL 2 ratings among others
- Class I, Div 1, Groups A, B, C & D; Class II, Div 1, Groups F and G; Hazardous Locations
- Class I Zone 1 Group IIC, Class II, Zone 20 & 21
- Intrinsically safe barriers for HART and EC connections
What's in the Box
- Magnetic wand/screwdriver
- Allen key
- 3 x blanking plugs
- Quick start guide and manual CD
The Honeywell XNX is a universal transmitter for toxic, oxygen and combustible gas detection which supports the widest range of sensors on a common platform and offers a modular choice of inputs and outputs. The XNX is designed for flexible integration, simple installation, user-friendly operation and straight-forward maintenance.
There are three versions of the Honeywell XNX Universal Gas Transmitter available supporting millivolt, electrochemical cell and infrared gas detection. The IR and electrochemical cell versions require the purchase of a compatible sensor separately. The XNX's advantage comes from a simple-to-use, low-maintenance universal platform that works with other safety equipment on a digital bus system, including Honeywell Analytics' own Searchline Excel, Optima or other gas detectors, industry standard PLCs and third-party gas monitoring controllers.
The XNX offers a variety of communication options to suit your industrial operation's unique and changing needs. HART communication comes standard on the XNX — with optional EDDL — along with optional Modbus, Foundation Fieldbus or relays. It can interface with a PLC and a host of other protocol compatible devices found in industrial applications. With the XNX, you are freed from the need to add extra controllers, junction boxes, relays, monitors and other equipment accessories. The integration of our EDDL software also enables the XNX to work with a number of third-party distributed control systems (DCS).
The XNX enclosure is available in stainless steel or aluminum, with a marine-grade coating. Five threaded ports, available in metric or NPT versions, and ruggedized mounting options provide ultimate installation flexibility. Instrumentation built on various sensing technologies can be attached locally to the transmitter or remotely with the appropriate accessories.
With 200+ unique configurations, The Honeywell XNX satisfies Class 1/Class 2 intrinsically safe, explosion-proof requirements in upstream/downstream oil, chemical, wastewater and other industries.
- Honeywell XNX Universal Gas Transmitter Manual PDF (31.7 MB)
- Honeywell XNX Universal Gas Transmitter Quick Start Guide PDF (6.4 MB)
Application Notes and White Papers
- Honeywell Bump Test and Calibration Frequency Guidelines PDF (70 KB)
- Honeywell Industrial Fixed Gas Product Guide PDF (8.7 MB)
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications: