Krohne OPTIFLUX 2000 Electromagnetic Flow Sensor
Electromagnetic Flow Sensor for Water and Wastewater Applications
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- International drinking water approvals
- Compliance wit OIML R-49, ISO 4064
- DVGW and ISO installation length
- IP 68
- Maintenance free
- In situ verification with KROHNE MagCheck
- Fitting length to DVGW and ISO
- Large diameter range up to DN 2000
The Krohne OPTIFLUX 2000 electromagnetic flow sensor is the optimum solution for water and wastewater applications. Its long term reliability and durability make it more than suitable for the water market.
The Krohne OPTIFLUX 2000 overcomes the drawbacks of some SIL2-certified equipment:
- Detects errors unrecognized under SIL2
- Indicates erroneous results in the application (e.g. because of gas bubbles), which SIL2 cannot do
- Corrects errors in accuracy and linearity, again unseen by SIL2
The 3×100% diagnostics in the Krohne OPTIFLUX 2000 is, therefore, much better for you than a normal SIL2 certified meter.
Krohne OPTIFLUX 2000 Electromagnetic Flow Meter – One For All Applications
With just one signal converter and the widest range of flow sensors, the new Krohne OPTIFLUX 2000 covers all applications, from a simple water measurement to corrosive or abrasive products or even pulp in the paper industry. Simplified engineering, procurement, and inventory lead to cost-savings for the user.
This new concept marks a new era, and is the result of more than 40 years' experience in electromagnetic flowmetering.
Sets New Standards in Electromagnetic Flow Metering
Using brand new technology has enabled us to increase the measuring performance of the Krohne OPTIFLUX 2000 electromagnetic flow meter even further. These improvements are particularly useful where today's meters begin to capitulate. Examples of this include very low conductivity, measurement of rapid product changes with corresponding changes in pH, or the measurement of pulp in the paper industry.
This increase in performance was possible by a 30-fold improvement in the measuring technology components. Here we exploited all known optimization potentials.
Magnetic flow meters are intended to measure the flow of electrically conductive liquids in full pipes. The pressure drop through the meter is minimal, (equal in magnitude to a piece of pipe of the same diameter and length) making it an excellent choice for low pressure systems. There are no moving parts or obstructions in the fluid stream so the meter is virtually maintenance free and suitable for fluids containing abrasives. Modern pulsed DC excitation eliminates problems with zero shift often found in other designs.
The detection of flow is accomplished using the principle of electromagnetic induction. As a conductor passes through a magnetic field, a voltage is generated that is proportional to the velocity of the conductor moving through the field. In the case of the magnetic flow meter, the conductor is a conducting liquid. The higher the flow rate the greater the generated voltage.
For process flow measurement reasons the product must be grounded. Such a grounding system is lacking in pipes upstream and downstream of the primary head which feature a corrosion-resistant internal coating or liner, or are made entirely of plastics material. In such cases, grounding rings must be fitted on both sides of the primary head. Consult us for further information.
- Water and Wastewater
- Paper & Pulp Production
- Water Distribution Networks and Irrigation
- Metals & Mining
- Power Generation
- Water Purification
- Environmental Engineering
- Cooling Stations
- District Heating
- Various Other Process Industries
- From potable water to raw water and seawater
- From groundwater and wastewater to sludge and sewage
- Cooling water
- Leakage detection
- Krohne OPTIFLUX 2000 Electromagnetic Flow Sensor Quick Start Guide PDF (967 KB)
- Krohne OPTIFLUX 2000 Electromagnetic Flow Sensor Manual PDF (1.1 MB)
- Krohne Electromagnetic Flow Meter Application Data Sheet PDF (454 KB)
- Krohne OPTIFLUX 2000 FM Certificate of Conformity PDF (198 KB)