Greyline Instruments AVFM 6.1 Area Velocity Flow Meter
Measures flow through partially filled pipes, channels, canals and turnouts without a flume or weir
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- No flume or weir required
- Flow in open channels and partially filled pipes
- Measures velocity + level to calculate flow
- 0.1 to 20 ft/sec & reverse flow to -5 ft/sec velocity
- 1 inch to 15 feet level range
- Works in partially filled and surcharged pipes
- Measures forward and reverse flow
- 3 Isolated 4-20mA outputs (Flow, Level and Velocity)
The Greyline Instruments AVFM 6.1 Area Velocity Flow Meter Measures flow through open channels, partially full pipes and surcharged pipes without a flume or weir. It is ideal for wastewater stormwater, effluent, industrial wastewater, and irrigation water.
The AVFM 6.1 uses a submerged ultrasonic sensor to continuously measure both Velocity and Level in the channel. The sensor resists fouling, corrosion and abrasion. The flow meter can be configured with the standard submerged velocity-level sensor, or with submerged velocity plus a separate non-contacting ultrasonic level sensor, for highly aerated fluids or those with high concentration of suspended solids.
View flow rate and total flow on the large backlit LCD display and connect to external devices with three 4-20mA outputs and two control relays. Flow rate, volume, run hours, and diagnostic information available through the optional Modbus® RTU serial communications.