Rosemount 8721 Hygienic Flowtube Sensor
Specifically designed for food, beverage and pharmaceutical applications requiring reliable, safe and hygienic design
Need Help? Call a Flow Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Hygienic design
- 0.5% standard accuracy
- 0.5 to 4 inch sizes available
- ±0.1% repeatability of reading
- 0.2 seconds response time
- Pulsed DC coil drive power
- Sensor coil resistance: 5Ω to 10Ω (line size dependent)
The Rosemount 8721 hygienic flowtube sensor is specifically designed for the demanding applications in food, beverage and life sciences. The robust, all-welded, full diameter Rosemount 8721 sensor is constructed of FDA approved materials. The 8721 is authorized to display the 3-A Symbol, is certified by EHEDG and is approved for use in FDA Grade A milk meter based timing loops (M-b 350).
Sizes range from ½" (15mm) to 4" (100mm) and are available in a variety of industry standard process connections. The Rosemount 8721 flowtubes are interchangeable with both the 8712D and 8732 transmitters. System accuracy on the Rosemount 8721 hygienic flowtube sensor is maintained regardless of line size or optional features. Each sensor nameplate has a sixteen-digit calibration number that can be entered into a transmitter through the Local Operator Interface (LOI) or the HART Communicator - depending on model.
Rosemount magmeter systems use pulsed DC technology that provides continuous automatic zeroing to compensate for variations in the process environment. Process liquid must have a conductivity of 5 microsiemens/cm (5 micromhos/cm) or greater. The Rosemount 8721 is capable of processing signals from fluids that are travelling both forward and reverse flow in all sensor sizes.
- Rosemount 8721 Hygienic Flowtube Sensor Manual PDF (7.3 MB)
- Rosemount 8700M Magnetic Flow Meter with HART Manual PDF (2.9 MB)
- Rosemount Sanitary Gasket Material Selection Guide (86 KB)
- Instrumart's Flow Application Form PDF (110 KB)
This product can be used in the following applications: