Rosemount 8732E Flow Transmitter
Features multiple diagnostic suites and advanced diagnostic capabilities for unparalleled process management capabilities
Need Help? Call a Flow Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- HART communications
- 0.25% accuracy; 0.15% High Accuracy option
- Integral or remote mounting
- Global or AC or DC power supply
- 4 optical switch LOI user interface
- Compatible with all Rosemount (plus other manufacturers) flowtubes
This product is an accessory for the following products:
The Rosemount 8732E flow transmitter offers best in class performance coupled with advanced diagnostics to provide unparalleled process management capabilities. With multiple diagnostic suites available, the Rosemount 8732E provides users the tools required for highly accurate signal processing for fluids that are traveling between 0.04 and 39 ft/s (0.01 to 12 m/s)for both forward and reverse flow in all flowtube sensor sizes.
With an optional backlit 2 line by 16 character local operator interface, the Rosemount 8732E flow transmitter can be configured by optical switches to simplify adjustments in hazardous environments without removing the cover.
The Rosemount 8732E is compatible with the Rosemount 8705, 8711, 8721 and 570TM flowtube sensors. Compatible with Rosemount 8707 flowtube sensor with D2 dual calibration option. Compatible with AC and DC powered flowtube sensors of other manufacturers.
- Rosemount 8732E Flow Transmitter Manual PDF (8.2 MB)
- Rosemount 8700M Magnetic Flow Meter with HART Manual PDF (2.9 MB)
- Rosemount 8732E Flow Transmitter Foundation Manual PDF (9.4 MB)
- Rosemount 8732E Flow Transmitter Profibus Manual PDF (10.0 MB)
- Rosemount 8732E Flow Transmitter Installation Guide PDF (2.4 MB)
- Rosemount 8732E Flow Transmitter Foundation Installation Guide PDF (2.3 MB)
- Rosemount 8732E Flow Transmitter Profibus Installation Guide PDF (2.3 MB)
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Smart Meter Verification for Annual Recertification
The Background: Our customer is a water treatment plant currently upgrading their facilities. They seek an electromagnetic flow meter that can be easily recertified each year as required by state regulations.
The Problem: With no moving parts, magnetic flow meters rarely require re-calibration. However, some government, industrial, and municipal regulatory agencies require meters to be annually certified. Traditionally, this is done in one of two ways; hiring a contractor to come on site with a volumetric prover, or remove the meter and return to the factory. Either option is very costly and requires process shut down.
The Solution: We suggested the Rosemount 8732 which offers an optional Smart Meter Verification diagnostic suite. This allows the meter to test itself relative to a baseline from when the meter left the factory. While not calibrating the meter, this allows the meter to verify that it is still operating within tolerance from the condition it left the original calibration. In most cases this satisfies regulatory requirements without the need, expense, and down time of associated with traditional calibrations.