Krohne OPTIFLUX 4000 Electromagnetic Flow Sensor
Multiple application electromagnetic flow sensor / magmeter
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Suitable for all applications from clean liquids to slurries and pastes with high solids content
- Abrasion, chemical and vacuum resistant
- Easy to select, fit and forget
- Chemically resistant to alkaline solutions and acids
- Diameter range: 1/10" to 24"
- Standard liners: PTFE, PFA, ETFE
- Various electrode materials available
- Non-water conductivity >1 µS/cm
- Water conductivity >20 µS/cm
- Process temperature up to 180°C
- Hazardous area versions available
The Krohne OPTIFLUX 4000 electromagnetic flow sensor / magmeter is the proven choice when selecting a flow meter. This versatile flow meter is suitable for almost all applications in all industries.
The Krohne OPTIFLUX 4000 magmeter overcomes the drawbacks of some SIL2-certified equipment:
- Detects errors unrecognized under SIL2
- Indicates erroneous results in the application (e.g. because of gas bubbles), which SIL2 cannot do
- Corrects errors in accuracy and linearity, again unseen by SIL2
The 3×100% diagnostics in the Krohne OPTIFLUX 4000 electromagnetic flow sensor is, therefore, much better for you than a normal SIL2 certified meter.
The Krohne OPTIFLUX 4000 Magmeter – One For All Applications
With just one signal converter and the widest range of flow sensors, this electromagnetic flow sensor can cover all applications, from a simple water measurement to corrosive or abrasive products or even pulp in the paper industry. Simplified engineering, procurement, and inventory lead to cost-savings for the user.
Sets New Standards in Electromagnetic Flowmetering
Using brand new technology has enabled us to increase the measuring performance of the Krohne OPTIFLUX 4000 magmeter even further. These improvements are particularly useful where today's flow meters begin to capitulate. Examples of this include very low conductivity, measurement of rapid product changes with corresponding changes in pH, or the measurement of pulp in the paper industry.
This increase in performance was possible by a 30-fold improvement in the measuring technology components.
Operating Principle of the Krohne Optiflux 4000 Electromagnetic Flow Sensor / Magmeter
Magnetic flow meters, or magmeters, are intended to measure the flow of electrically conductive liquids in full pipes. The pressure drop through the meter is minimal, (equal in magnitude to a piece of pipe of the same diameter and length) making it an excellent choice for low pressure systems. There are no moving parts or obstructions in the fluid stream so the meter is virtually maintenance free and suitable for fluids containing abrasives. Modern pulsed DC excitation eliminates problems with zero shift often found in other designs.
The detection of flow is accomplished using the principle of electromagnetic induction. As a conductor passes through a magnetic field, a voltage is generated that is proportional to the velocity of the conductor moving through the field. In the case of the magnetic flow meter, the conductor is a conducting liquid. The higher the flow rate the greater the generated voltage.
For process flow measurement reasons the product must be grounded. Such a grounding system is lacking in pipes upstream and downstream of the primary head which feature a corrosion-resistant internal coating or liner, or are made entirely of plastics material. In such cases, grounding rings must be fitted on both sides of the primary head. Consult us for further information.
Applications for the the Krohne OPTIFLUX 4000 Electromagnetic Flow Sensor / Magmeter
- Chemical Industries
- Paper & Pulp Production
- Water & Wastewater Management
- Metals & Mining
- Power Generation
- Oil & Gas Industries
- Krohne OPTIFLUX 4000 Electromagnetic Flow Sensor Quick Start Guide PDF (1.0 MB)
- Krohne OPTIFLUX 4000 Electromagnetic Flow Sensor Manual PDF (1.1 MB)
- Krohne Electromagnetic Flow Meter Application Data Sheet PDF (454 KB)
- Krohne OPTIFLUX 4000 ATEX Certificate of Conformity PDF (560 KB)
- Krohne OPTIFLUX 4000 FM Certificate of Conformity PDF (198 KB)
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
High Solid Content Flow
The Background: Our customer is an oilfield well service company that needs a versatile flow meter that will be mounted to a skid and taken from location to location to monitor the flow of a variety of fluids used in drilling and maintaining oil wells.
The Problem: The range of fluids that need to be monitored provides the greatest challenge as they range from clean water to concrete slurry.
The Solution: The highly configurable Krohne Optiflux 4000 allowed the customer to use a meter with a liner material appropriate for the range of fluids and low-noise electrodes which eliminate the signal noise often associated with high solid content. By integrating the low-noise electrodes into the meter liner, the meter prevents solids from impacting the electrodes and causing erratic readings.