Protimeter BLD5905 Technician's Kit
Includes Surveymaster, Hygromaster2, hammer electrode, and accessories for diagnosing moisture issues in buildings
Need Help? Call a Temperature Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Non-invasive reads 70 to 999 relative moisture
- Dry (green) 70 to 169
- At risk (yellow) 170 to 199
- Wet (red) 200 to 999
- Pins measure 7.9 to 99% wood moisture equivalent
- Dry (green) 7 to 16.9% WME
- At risk (yellow) 17 to 19.9% WME
- Wet (red) 20 to 99.9% WME
- Hand-held humidity measurement up to 100% RH
- Non-contact surface IR temperature probe
- -4 to 176°F (-20 to 80°C) range
- ±3.6°F(±2°C) accuracy
- Measure wood moisture to a depth of 1.38in (35mm)
What's in the Box
- Surveymaster moisture meter
- Hygromaster2 thermo-hygrometer
- Hammer electrode & 4 pins
- Insulated 5in deep wall probes
- 2-pin moisture probe with lead
- Calcheck device for pin-type meter range
- Hard plastic case with foam insert
The Protimeter BLD5905 technician's kit is designed for professionals that deal in the identification, management, and remediation of dampness. It comes with two hand-held meters and accessories needed for measuring moisture in various building materials. All fit in an included protective carrying case for easy transport from site to site.
The HygroMaster 2 thermo-hygrometer is used to measure relative humidity, air temperature, and surface temperature of structures. Additionally, the difference between dew point and surface temperature can also be displayed for condensation risk assessment applications. The included meter comes with the QuikStick sensor:
- 0 to 10% RH, ±3% RH at 68°F (20°C)
- 10 to 90% RH, ±2% RH at 68°F (20°C)
- 90 to 100% RH, ±3% RH at 68°F (20°C)
- 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C) ±0.6°F (±0.3°C)
The Surveymaster moisture meter has two modes of operation, search and measure, that help the user to distinguish sub-surface from surface moisture.
Search mode is a non-invasive way to assess the moisture level beneath the surface of solid walls and floors independent of surface conditions. The nominal depth of the measurement is 3/4in (19 mm), but this depends on the density and other characteristics of the material. The relative moisture level is shown on the digital display and its moisture condition is shown on the accompanying scale of color-coded lights.
Measure mode uses two pins to read the moisture level on the surface, and at incremental depths when used with the deep wall probes. These readings are precise and specific to the immediate area of contact of the electrodes. A probe with lead is also included for taking moisture measurements in awkward corners and hard to reach areas.
The hammer electrode is a heavy duty probe for measuring moisture in wood, such as flooring and timber stock. The pins have insulated shanks so measurements are only taken at the tip, allowing for readings at different depths. Keep the probe straight and use the slide weight for inserting and removing, to extend the working life of the electrode.
- Protimeter Surveymaster Moisture Meter Datasheet PDF (306 KB)
- Protimeter HygroMaster 2 Thermo-Hygrometer Datasheet PDF (321 KB)
- Protimeter Surveymaster Moisture Meter Manual PDF (315 KB)
- Protimeter HygroMaster 2 Thermo-Hygrometer Manual PDF (518 KB)