PIE 522 Thermocouple Calibrator
T/C Read & Source with 8 types Plus mV
Need Help? Call a Calibration Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Direct Temperature Input/Output
- Read or Source in °C or °F for your T/C type
- 8 Standard T/C Types Available
- Types J, K, E, T, R, S, B, N and mV
- Custom types and ranges are available
- Cold Junction Compensated
- Accurate to ±0.2 °C (±0.4 °F) with 0.1° Resolution
- Millivolt accuracy of ±(0.008 % + 0.006 mV)
- Easily adjust output by 0.1°
- Pressing down and turning EZ-Dial Knob will select a faster dialing speed
- User selectable EZ-Check for 0% and 100% span adjustment
- Store new EZ-Check values by pressing the EZ-Dial knob
- Recall stored minimum and maximum readings
- Uses a standard 9V Alkaline Battery
- Superior battery life of 45 hours under typical continuous usage
- Easy access to battery compartment
- Lightweight and Rugged with a Solid Feel
- Small, tough and protected to 60V
The Practical Instrument Electronics (PIE) 522 is a complete source/read thermocouple calibrator providing direct temperature input to all types of instruments such as transmitters, recorders, controllers, alarms, data acquisition, and computer systems. The PIE 522 also reads thermocouple outputs and displays temperature, eliminating the need for cumbersome books of conversion tables.
The PIE 522 is equipped with a miniature T/C connector and slotted screws to connect to common thermocouple equipment or bare extension wire. Select from 8 T/C types to source/read in °C or °F with 0.1 ° resolution. Or, select mV for direct millivolt source/read capability. The PIE 522 is internally cold-junction compensated for accuracy in any operating environment.
Use the EZ-Check Switch to quickly switch between three stored temperature/mV outputs. It's easy to customize these values to your application. In read mode, the EZ-Check Switch recalls minimum and maximum readings. Store/Clear memory with a press of the EZ-Dial Knob.
The PIE 522 offers the highest performance and functions in its class by exceeding the accuracy and functions of many higher priced thermocouple calibrators. It is a low cost solution for checkout and calibration of all thermocouple instruments in the field, shop or control room.