PIE 521 Thermocouple Simulator
T/C Source with 8 types Plus mV
Need Help? Call a Calibration Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Direct Temperature Output
- Calibrate in temperature for your T/C type
- Adjust temperature output in 0.1° or 1°
- 8 Standard T/C Types Available
- Types J, K, E, T, R, S, B, N and mV
- Custom types and ranges are available
- Ranges from –148°F to F.S. for most types
- °C & °F Cold Junction Compensated
- High Accuracy
- ±(0.015% of mV Setting + 0.009mV)
- Typical accuracy of ±0.35°C (0.6°F) for Type K
- Easily adjust output by 0.1° (Model 521) or 1° (Model 520)
- Pressing down and turning EZ-Dial Knob will select a faster dialing speed
- User selectable EZ-Check for 0% and 100% span adjustments
- Store new EZ-Check values by pressing the EZ-Dial knob
- Uses a standard 9V Alkaline Battery
- Superior battery life of 45 hours under typical continuous usage
- Easy access to battery compartment
- Lightweight and Rugged with a Solid Feel
- Small, tough and protected to 60V
The Practical Instrument Electronics (PIE) 521 Thermocouple Simulator simulates a standard thermocouple curve over the entire industrial temperature range. Choose between eight standard T/C types or millivolts.
The PIE 521 sources precise temperatures for inputs to all types of instruments such as transmitters, recorders, controllers, alarms, data acquisition, and computer systems. The PIE 521 provides a miniature T/C connector and is internally, cold-junction compensated for changes in ambient temperature. The PIE 521 offers the highest performance and functions in its class by exceeding the accuracy and functions of many higher priced thermocouple calibrators.
The EZ-Check function allows the user to store three output temperatures for real convenience. This will save time for repetitive calibrations by instantly recalling the three stored temperature values. Three output settings can be stored, and all settings are saved, even with the power off.
The low cost PIE 521 is an "easy as PIE" to use thermocouple source for checkout and calibration of all thermocouple instruments in the field, shop or control room. This PIE instrument also comes with a NIST certification.