PIE 512 RTD Calibrator
RTD Read & Source with 7 or 8 types Plus ohms and an auto-stepping model
Need Help? Call a Calibration Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Simulate/Read RTD sensors
- Calibrate/Read directly in temperature for your RTD curve
- Adjustable output for full temperature range
- Several Manufacturers' RTD Curves Available: Platinum, Copper & Nickel
- Accurate to ±0.25°C (±0.45°F) with 0.1° Resolution
- Resistance accuracy of ±(0.015% + 0.05) ohms
- Auto Stepping: Selectable Step size and step times
- Guaranteed to Work with All Pulsed Instruments
- Works with a wide variety of transmitters including popular Rosemount and Honeywell Models
- Compatible with devices using pulsed excitation currents including PLCs, DCS, Recorders, and all others
- Automatic Detection of 2, 3, or 4 Wire Connections
- No buttons or switches required, 2W, 3W, or 4W indicator is automatic
- A valuable troubleshooting tool
- Easily adjust output by 0.1°
- Pressing down and turning EZ-Dial Knob will select a faster dialing speed
- User settable EZ-Check for 0% and 100% span adjustments
- Store new EZ-Check values by pressing the EZ-Dial Knob
- Uses a standard 9V Alkaline Battery
- Superior battery life of 45 hours under typical continuous usage
- Easy access to battery compartment
- Lightweight, Rugged and Reliable
- Small, tough and protected to 60V
The Practical Instrument Electronics (PIE) 512 RTD Calibrator provides direct temperature calibration to all types of instruments such as transmitters, recorders, controllers, alarms, data acquisition, and computer systems. Also, the PIE 512 reads RTD outputs and displays in temperature. It is compatible with pulsed systems and transmitters (like the Rosemount 3144.) 2, 3, or 4 wire connections are detected automatically. The PIE 512 is a superior replacement for decade boxes, eliminating the need for lugging around large equipment and the possibility of misreading RTD tables.
Select from 7 RTD types to source/read in °C or °F with 0.1 ° resolution. Or, select Ω for direct resistance source/read capability.
Use the EZ-Check Switch to quickly switch between three stored temperature/ohms outputs. It's easy to customize these values to your application. In read mode, the EZ-Check Switch recalls minimum and maximum readings. Store/Clear memory with a press of the EZ-Dial Knob.
The PIE 512 offers the highest performance and functions in its class by exceeding the accuracy and functions of many higher priced RTD calibrators. It is a low cost solution for checkout and calibration of all RTD instruments in the field, shop or control room. Custom RTD curves, ranges, or special requirements not provided by the PIE 512 are available.