Fluke 279 FC Thermal Multimeter
Full-featured digital multimeter with integrated thermal imager designed to increase your productivity and confidence
Need Help? Call a Temperature Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Full-featured multimeter with built-in thermal imager
- 15 multimeter functions including: AC voltage with low-pass filter, DC voltage, Resistance, Continuity, Capacitance, Diode test, Min/Max/Avg, AC current (with iFlex), Frequency
- Thermal imaging reveals many electrical issues quickly & safely
- 4800 pixel resolution (80 x 60) thermal imager
- Temperature range: -10 to 200°C (14 to 392°F)
- ±5˚C or ±5% accuracy
- Internal memory stores up to 100 images
- Field of view: 36˚ (w) x 27˚ (h)
- 0.95 fixed emissivity
- 162:1 distance-to-spot
- Designed for durability, built to withstand a 10ft drop
- Full-color 3.5 inch LCD screen provides clean, crisp readings
- Fluke Connect wireless communications
- CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V measurement category
What's in the Box
- TL75 Test Leads
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery
The Fluke 279 FC is a full-featured digital multimeter with integrated thermal imager designed to increase your productivity and confidence. The thermal multimeter helps you find, repair, validate, and report many electrical issues quickly so that you are confident problems are solved.
Thermal imaging multimeters are a first-line troubleshooting tool for electrical equipment that can check hot spots on high-voltage equipment and transformers, detect heating of fuses, wires, insulators, connectors, splices and switches. Scanning with the 279 FC's thermal imager reveals many electrical issues rapidly and from a safe distance. By combining two tools into one, the thermal multi-meter lightens the load and increases productivity.
The Fluke 279 FC is compatible with a wide range of accessories including iFlex flexible current clamps to expand your measurement capabilities and get into tight, hard to reach spaces for current measurement (up to 2500 A AC). The large full-color LCD screen makes for easier and clearer viewing of images and readings. The 10 hour+ rechargeable battery keeps you going all day long under normal conditions.
The Fluke 279 FC thermal multimeter includes Fluke Connect wireless communications which transmits results wirelessly to a smartphone and save time on reporting to validate work is complete. Troubleshoot better by instantly trending and monitoring measurements live on your smartphone screen. Create and email reports right from the field.
- Fluke Connect Brochure PDF (2.7 MB)
- Fluke Connect End User Stories PDF (1.1 MB)
- Fluke Connect Software Comparison PDF (1.8 MB)
- Fluke Multimeter Comparison Sheet PDF (855 KB)
Please consider these optional accessories.
Interested in Other Part Numbers?
Other part numbers are available to order but are not currently in stock. Current availability for non-stock parts is "Limited to in-stock inventory". Click here to select options