Fuji Electric PXF4 Temperature Controller
Self-tuning 1/16 DIN (48 x 48mm) compact temperature and process controller with 50ms sampling speed
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Universal input
- Thermocouple, RTD, voltage, current, mV
- Improved input indication accuracy, up to ±0.2%
- 0.1 to 99 second control cycle
- On/Off control & PID controls with auto tuning
- PID, 2-degrees-of-freedom PID, & fuzzy
- Open-loop supported PID2 control
- Ramp soak function (simple program control)
- 64 steps x 1 pattern
- 32 steps x 2 patterns
- 16 steps x 4 patterns
- 8 steps x 8 patterns
- Directly connect to a PC with optional USB cable
- This will bus-power the unit
The Fuji Electric PXF4 temperature controller was developed as a successor to the PXR4. It is equipped with multiple input and output options as well as sophisticated control functions making is suitable for a wide range of applications. You can use any input among RTD, thermocouples, voltage, current, and mV. Switching the input is an easy parameter change.
The PXF series features highly accurate input indication:
- RTD is ±0.2% of indication value ±1 digit or ±0.8°C ± 1 digit, whichever is larger
- Thermocouple is the larger of ±1°C ±1 digit or ±0.3% of indicated value ±1 digit
- Voltage and current are ±0.3% FS ± 1 digit
- Fuji Electric PXF4 Temperature Controller Datasheet PDF (875 KB)
- Fuji Electric PXF Series Temperature Controller Brochure PDF (8.8 MB)
- Fuji Electric PXF Series Temperature Controller North American Part Matrix PDF (38 KB)
- Fuji Electric PXF4 Temperature Controller Manual PDF (1.4 MB)
- Fuji Electric PXF Temperature Controller Operations Manual PDF (4.3 MB)
- Fuji Electric PXF Temperature Controller Communications Manual PDF (1.5 MB)
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Temperature Control of an Outdoor Molasses Storage Tank
The Background: Our customer is a livestock feed producer that uses molasses as an additive to some of its cattle feed to make it more appetizing.
The Problem: Regulating the temperature of the molasses is very important. If it’s too cold, the molasses won’t flow properly while high temperatures will result in an unwanted breakdown of the sugars.
The Solution: We recommended two Fuji Electric PXR4 temperature controllers with one used to control infrared heaters installed on the large, outdoor tank and the other to maintain the temperature of the heated supply line. J-type thermocouples provide the input to the controllers and each control loop has a single control relay output that gates AC voltage to the coil of a load handling device for each heater. Both control loops maintain a temperature of 40°F on cold days.