HOBO U12-008 Data Logger
4-Channel external data logger can employ multiple energy and environmental sensors, ranging from amps to temperature
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Analog channels: 0 to 2.5 Vdc (w/CABLE-2.5-STEREO); 0 to 5 Vdc (w/CABLE-ADAP5); 0 to 10 Vdc (w/ CABLE-ADAP10); 4-20 mA (w/CABLE-4-20MA)
- Accuracy (logger only):
- ±2 mV ±2.5% of absolute reading
- ±2 mV ±1% of reading for data logger-powered sensors
- Resolution: 0.6mV
- Sample Rate: 1 second to 18 hours, user selectable
- Time accuracy: ±1 minute per month
- Battery life: 1 year typical use
- Memory: 64K bytes (43,000 12-bit measurements)
- Weatherproof case tested to NEMA 6 standard
- 12-bit resolution provides high accuracy
- Programmable and push-button start
- Direct USB interface for fast data offload
- Compatible with Onset’s HOBO U-Shuttle for convenient data transport
- Compatible with HOBOware and HOBOware Pro for logger setup, graphing and analysis
- Dimensions: 140 x 137 x 32 mm (5.5 x 5.38 x 1.25 inches), weighs just 7 ounces
What's in the Box
- Desiccant pack
- Mounting/spare parts kit: two socket head screws, dome plug and O-ring, O-ring lubricant, four mounting screws, four flat washers, Allen wrench, and four tie wraps
The HOBO U12-008 data logger is a 4-channel logger with a weatherproof case tested to NEMA 6 standards making it flexible enough to deploy inside or outdoors. The U12-008 logger uses a direct USB interface for launching and data readout by a computer. Onset software is required for logger operation.
The HOBO U12-008 data logger has a 12-bit resolution and can record up to 43,000 measurements or events. The four external channels accept a wide range of Onset and third-party sensors/transducers with a 0-2.5 VDC output, including external temperature, AC current, pressure, air velocity, and kW sensors.
Please consider these optional accessories.
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Datalogging in Industrial Conditions
The Background: Our customer is an industrial facility that needs to data log several points on a machine controlled by a PLC.
The Problem: The solution must interface cleanly into the PLC as the customer does not want to rewrite the program.
The Solution: We suggested the HOBO U12-008 data logger, a 4-channel logger that can connect easily to the PLCs additional 0-5v outputs. This allows easy access to the data from the machine without any additional programming or hassle.