Mercoid SBLT2 and SBLTX Level Transmitters
Submersible level transmitters with proven piezoresistive sensing technology and optional hazardous area approvals
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Excellent chemical compatibility
- Lightning and surge protection on SBLT2 models
- Maintenance free vent filter
- Slim design for tight applications
- ±0.25% of FS for 5psi and up
- ±1% of FS for 3psi
- Temperature Limit:
- SBLT2: 0 to 150°F (-18 to 66°C)
- SBLTX: 0 to 176°F (-18 to 80°C)
- Thermal Effect: ±0.02% full scale/°F
- Pressure Limit: 2X full scale
- Power Requirement:
- SBLT2: 13 to 30 VDC
- SBLTX: 10 to 28 VDC
- Output Signal: 4 to 20 mA DC, 2-wire.
- Mounting Orientation: Suspended in tank below level being measured.
- Agency Approvals:
- SBLT2: None
- SBLTX: CE, cUL, UL intrinsically safe for Class I, Div. 1, Groups A, B, C, D; Class II, Div. 1, Groups E, F, G; Class III Div. 1
Mercoid SBLT2 and SBLTX submersible level transmitters are manufactured for years of trouble free service in the harshest applications. Both measure the height of liquid above the position in the tank referenced to atmospheric pressure. The transmitter consists of a piezoresistive sensing element, encased in a 316 SS housing. Bullet nose design protects the diaphragm from damage.
The Mercoid SBLT2 incorporates lightning and surge protection utilizing dual arrestor technology, grounded to case, eliminating both power supply surges and lightning ground strike transients (surge protection is not guaranteed and is not covered by warranty). The Mercoid SBLTX is UL approved intrinsically safe for use in hazardous locations when used with proper barrier.
Units come equipped with a 270-pound tensile strength shielded and vented cable. Ventilation tube in the cable automatically compensates for changes in atmospheric pressure above the tank. The vent is protected with a maintenance free filter eliminating particulate or water droplets from entering the transducer.
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Monitoring Tanks Levels in a Fish Hatchery
The Background: Our customer is a state Fish and Game department. They require a solution for monitoring the water level in tanks at a fish hatchery.
The Problem: This is a very straightforward application. The medium is clean water and no intrinsic safety approvals are required. The customer simply seeks a flexible level transmitter at a good price.
The Solution: We recommended the Mercoid SBLT2 level transmitter, a submersible unit designed to provide years of trouble-free service at a very reasonable cost.