Proximity CTF Level Switch
Compact, cost effective mini tuning fork level switch requires no maintenance
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:00pm ET
- For compatible dry powders. Can detect bulk materials submerged in liquid.
- Sensitivity: Minimum bulk solid density: 4.4 lb/ft³ (70 g/l)
- Wetted Materials: 304 SS.
- Process Temperature Limit: -40 to 212°F (-40 to 100°C)
- Pressure Limit: 600 psi (40 bar)
- Power Requirement: 12 to 55 VDC
- IP65 rated aluminum enclosure
- Switch Type: 3-wire PNP/NPN output
- Process Connections: 1" male NPT
- Indication Lights: External red LED
The Proximity CTF Mini Tuning Fork Level Switch is an ideal choice for level control of powders. The CTF incorporates a piezoelectric crystal that vibrates the fork at its natural frequency. When the fork comes in contact with a material, the vibration is dampened and the switch changes state. As the fork becomes free of material, the switch changes back to its normal state. The unit is not affected by vibration from conveying systems, motors, or the movement of material. Its compact size and DIN connection allow for application in places a larger tuning fork level switch may not be suitable, providing great versatility.
The Proximity CTF is easy to use with no calibration required, and no mechanical moving parts mean no routine maintenance. The CTF is not affected by the dielectric constant of the sensed material, making it superior to a comparable capacitance level switch for applications where the dielectric constant is low, more than one material is being used in the single vessel, and when material moisture content can change. The level switch is also great for applications when the bulk density is too low for a rotating paddle level switch, making it the ideal choice for low density bulk solids and liquids. Comes standard with a user friendly PNP/NPN configurable output.
This product can be used in the following applications: