Rosemount 405 Compact Orifice Flow Element
Compact orifice primary element installs easily between any existing raised face flanges without creating additional pipe penetrations
Need Help? Call a Flow Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open 8:30am to 5:00pm ET
- Available in 1/2 to 12” (15 - 300 mm) line sizes
- For liquid, steam or gas applications
- Temperature range: –40 to 450°F (direct mount); –148 to 850°F (remote mount)
- 316/316L SST body with 50 micro-inch Ra surface finish
- Energy Savings gained through minimal permanent pressure loss
- Easily installs between any existing raised face flange without creating additional pipe penetrations
- A self-centering ring ensures optimal accuracy while improving installation
- Real-time mass and energy flow measurements available with integral temperature
- Compatible with the world's most popular pressure transmitters
The Rosemount 405 Compact Orifice Flow Element is a high accuracy differential pressure flow element suitable for measuring any clean gas, liquid, or vapor flow. Designed with minimal installation and maintenance requirements, the 405 easily installs between any existing raised face flanges without creating additional pipe penetrations. The 405 can be directly mounted to any Rosemount differential pressure transmitter to create a complete flow monitoring system useful in many environments and applications
The 405 utilizes a self-centering plate, precision honed pipe section and tight machining tolerances ensure higher installed performance while eliminating installation errors that harm accuracy. The meter is available for line sizes from ½ to 12 inches and can be fit to ANSI, DIN or JIS flanges to 600 pounds (PN 100). The stainless steel body is rated for temperatures from –40 to 450°F with direct mount applications or –148 to 850°F with remote mount applications.
The Rosemount 405 Compact Orifice Flow Element produces the most accurate and repeatable measurement when it is used in single-phase flow or steam flow above the saturation temperature.
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
High Pressure Natural Gas Flow
The Background: Our customer is a fuel company that needs to measure the flow of natural gas from a compressor.
The Problem: The natural gas flows from the compressor at a very high pressure—up to 1300 psi—and a very low temperature—down to -30F. Any flow meter used in this application will need to be compatible with those extreme conditions.
The Solution: We recommended the Rosemount 405 Compact Orifice Flow Element, a high accuracy differential pressure flow element suitable for measuring any clean gas, liquid, or vapor flow. The 405 installs easily and can handle the extreme conditions this application requires.