Badger Meter M2000 Electromagnetic Flow Meter
Versatile, user-friendly flow metering system for general purpose applications
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Sizes: 1/4in (0.02 to 5gpm) to 54in (980 to 292,700gpm)
- ±0.25% accuracy
- Independent of fluid viscosity, density & temp
- ≥5 micromhos/cm minimum conductivity
- 85-265 VAC power supply
- AMR- and SCADA-ready outputs
- Pulsed DC magnetic field for zero point stability
- No pressure loss for low operational costs
- Corrosion resistant liners for long life
- Integral and remote signal converter availability
- Optional grounding rings or grounding electrode
The Badger Meter M2000 electromagnetic flow meter combines a flow detector and amplifier, creating a versatile, user-friendly flow metering system for general purpose applications. Electromagnetic flow meters have inherent advantages over other flow technologies and can accurately meter liquids that are highly corrosive, very viscous, contain a moderate amount of solids or require special handling. The M2000 can be used in the majority of industrial flow applications and is especially suited for food and beverage, pharmaceutical, water and wastewater, and chemical applications.
The Badger Meter M2000 flow detector-- which includes the flow tube, isolating liner and measuring electrodes-- is available in sizes from 1/4" (0.02 to 5 gpm) to 54" (980 to 292,700 gpm). Designed, developed and manufactured under strict quality standards, the M-2000 detector has no parts in the flow stream resulting in no pressure loss. Also, accuracy is not affected by temperature, pressure, viscosity, density or flow profile. With no moving parts there is practically no maintenance required. A wide selection of liner and electrode materials helps ensure maximum compatibility and minimum maintenance over a long operating period.
The Badger Meter M2000 amplifier-- which is the electronic device responsible for the signal processing, flow calculation, display and output signals-- features sophisticated, processor-based signal conversion with accuracies of ±0.25%. The amplifier includes programmable and scalable analog outputs, four configurable digital outputs, pulse outputs and frequency output. Flow data and programmable parameters as well as diagnostic messages are displayed on the backlit 4-line x 20-character LCD. The display also serves to guide users through the simple programming routines. The amplifier can be either meter or remote mounted.
Instrumart is an IDWR-approved flow meter vendor
The Badger Meter M2000 electromagnetic flow meter is a IDWR-certified flow meter as outlined in the Idaho Department of Water Resources state order requiring flow meters to be installed by water users that divert water in regulated areas from both ground and surface water sources. This flow meter was tested by the staff at Utah State's NIST traceable lab and passed all requirements set by the IDWR and Idaho Department of Agriculture. If you have any questions about this flow meter or what IDWR-approved flow meter best fits your application, please ask one of our helpful engineers. 1-800-884-4967.
- Badger Meter M2000 Flow Detector Datasheet PDF (489 KB)
- Badger Meter M2000 Electromagnetic Flow Meter Spanish Datasheet PDF (536 KB)
- Badger Meter M2000 Flow Amplifier Datasheet PDF (143 KB)
- Badger Meter M2000 Electromagnetic Flow Meter Manual PDF (2.8 MB)
- Badger Meter M2000 Electromagnetic Flow Meter Data Logging Manual PDF (1.0 MB)
- Badger Meter M2000 Profibus DP Manual PDF (1.9 MB)
- Badger Meter M2000 Electromagnetic Flow Meter Firmware Update Manual PDF (125 KB)
- Badger Meter M2000 HART Bi-Directional Communication Protocol Data Access Manual PDF (1.1 MB)
- Badger Meter M2000 MODBUS RTU Communication Daughterboard Manual PDF (186 KB)
- Badger Meter M2000 Store/Restore Feature Manual PDF (102 KB)
Application Notes and White Papers
- Badger Meter M2000 Cable Splice Kit Application Brief PDF (951 KB)
- Badger Meter M2000 Connecting Endpoint to the M2000 Application Brief PDF (102 KB)
- Badger Meter M2000 Interchangeability Procedure Application Brief PDF (56 KB)
- Badger Meter M2000 MODBUS Memory Map Application Brief PDF (315 KB)
- Badger Meter M2000 Part Number Construction Guide PDF (389 KB)
- Badger Meter M2000 Flow Detector Parts List PDF (198 KB)
- Instrumart's Flow Application Form PDF (110 KB)
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Sewer Discharge Monitoring
The Background: Our customer is a home owner association that recently changed from septic to the municipal water and sewage system. They believe they are being overcharged for wastewater and seek a means to bolster their claim.
The Problem: Municipalities generally install just a single water meter on residential and commercial building and base wastewater charges on the amount of water consumed with the assumption that the amount of water in is the same as the amount of water out. The home owner association, with significant landscaping, feels they are being charged for water that is not discharged as wastewater.
The Solution: We recommended the Badger Meter M2000 electromagnetic flow meter installed between the pump station and the sewer. This allowed the customer to accurately measure the amount of wastewater being discharged to the sewer and they were able to successfully challenge their billing saving the association significant money.
Interested in Other Part Numbers?
Other part numbers are available to order but are not currently in stock. Current availability for non-stock parts is "Usually ships in 2-3 weeks. Call for expedite options". Click here to select options