Krohne OPTIFLUX 5000F-FL Flanged Electromagnetic Flow Sensor
Flanged electromagnetic flow sensor / magmeter (1/2 to 10 inch diameter)
Need Help? Call a Flow Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- DN15 to DN250 (1/2 to 10in)
- Fully vacuum resistant
- Repeatability: < 0.06%
- Unique flow tube with profile-optimizing cross-section
- Ceramic flow tube
- Fused-in-place cermet or platinum electrodes
- Bonded electrodes in the flow tube are leakproof
- Stainless-steel housing
The Krohne OPTIFLUX 5000 electromagnetic flow sensor is accurate, hard-wearing, and robust. This is the result of a special flow tube design with conical parts, which streamlines distorted flow profiles.
Leading test institutes use the Krohne OPTIFLUX 5000 electromagnetic flow sensor as their master meter.
The Krohne OPTIFLUX 5000 electromagnetic flow sensor overcomes the drawbacks of some SIL2-certified equipment:
- Detects errors unrecognized under SIL2
- Indicates erroneous results in the application (e.g. because of gas bubbles), which SIL2 cannot do
- Corrects errors in accuracy and linearity, again unseen by SIL2
The 3×100% diagnostics in the Krohne OPTIFLUX 5000 electromagnetic flow sensor is, therefore, much better for you than a normal SIL2 certified meter.
The Krohne OPTIFLUX 5000 Electromagnetic Flow Sensor – One For All Applications
With just one signal converter and the widest range of flow sensors, the Krohne OPTIFLUX 5000 electromagnetic flow sensor covers all applications, from a simple water measurement to corrosive or abrasive products or even pulp in the paper industry. Simplified engineering, procurement, and inventory lead to cost-savings for the user.
Sets New Standards in Electromagnetic Flowmetering
Using brand new technology has enabled us to increase the measuring performance of the Krohne OPTIFLUX 5000 electromagnetic flow sensor even further. These improvements are particularly useful where today's meters begin to capitulate. Examples of this include very low conductivity, measurement of rapid product changes with corresponding changes in pH, or the measurement of pulp in the paper industry. This increase in performance was possible by a 30-fold improvement in the measuring technology components.
Magnetic flow meters are intended to measure the flow of electrically conductive liquids in full pipes. The pressure drop through the meter is minimal, (equal in magnitude to a piece of pipe of the same diameter and length) making it an excellent choice for low pressure systems. There are no moving parts or obstructions in the fluid stream so the meter is virtually maintenance free and suitable for fluids containing abrasives. Modern pulsed DC excitation eliminates problems with zero shift often found in other designs.
The detection of flow is accomplished using the principle of electromagnetic induction. As a conductor passes through a magnetic field, a voltage is generated that is proportional to the velocity of the conductor moving through the field. In the case of the magnetic flow meter, the conductor is a conducting liquid. The higher the flow rate the greater the generated voltage.
For process flow measurement reasons the product must be grounded. Such a grounding system is lacking in pipes upstream and downstream of the primary head which feature a corrosion-resistant internal coating or liner, or are made entirely of plastics material. In such cases, grounding rings must be fitted on both sides of the primary head. Consult us for further information.
Applications for the Krohne OPTIFLUX 5000 Electromagnetic Flow Sensor
- Chemical industries
- Paper and pulp production
- Water and wastewater management
- Metals and mining
- Food and beverages
- Precise dosing applications
- Acids, alkalies, pastes, slurries, high solid contents, and many other aggressive media
- Master or transfer meter for calibration of other flow meters
- Krohne OPTIFLUX 5000-FL Flow Sensor Quick Start Guide PDF (1.1 MB)
- Krohne OPTIFLUX 5000-FL Flow Sensor Manual PDF (1.2 MB)
- Krohne Electromagnetic Flow Meter Application Data Sheet PDF (454 KB)
- Krohne OPTIFLUX 5000 Flow Sensor ATEX Certificate of Conformity PDF (897 KB)
- Krohne OPTIFLUX 5000 Flow Sensor FM Certificate of Conformity PDF (198 KB)
- Instrumart's Flow Application Form PDF (110 KB)
This product can be used in the following applications: