Fuji Electric PXR3 Temperature Controller
Advanced, self-tuning 1/32 DIN temperature and process controller with 16 ramp / soak segments
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- 1/32 DIN (24x48 mm)
- PID plus self-tuning, PID plus fuzzy control, and auto-tuning
- NEMA 4X waterproof faceplate with large LED display
- Thermocouple/RTD and 4-20mA/0-5V inputs
- Single or dual control outputs
- Up to 16 ramp/soak segments or two 8-segment patterns
- Programmable alarms and heater burnout alarm options
- Remote Setpoint Option
- Analog retransmission option
- Digital Input Option
- Timer Function
- Remote monitoring and free software with RS485 option
- ISO 9001 manufactured
- 3-year warranty
- UL873 approved
The Fuji PXR3 temperature controller is an advanced, 1/32 DIN temperature and process controller. Designed for a wide range of applications, the PXR4 not only includes auto-tuning and fuzzy control, but also features self-tuning - an innovation in the control field. Self-tuning automatically re-tunes the controller under certain conditions, without the need to revert to auto-tuning.
The PXR3 accepts process and temperature inputs and offers a choice of three kinds of outputs to meet a wide variety of needs in the process industries. Single or dual outputs include relay, SSR driver, or 4-20mA. The controller's standard 8-segment ramp/soak feature has been expanded to include two patterns that can be linked to create a 16-step profile.
One of the most impressive features of the PXR3 is the large LED display. The faceplate, designed for NEMA 4X (IP66 equivalent) is watertight and corrosion-resistant. The easy-to-use 3-button keypad makes programming quick and easy. The screw-terminal on the back further reduces the cost by eliminating the need for sockets.
Remote monitoring of up to 31 PXR series controllers at a time is possible with the RS485 option that uses the industry-standard Modbus protocol. The communications option comes with free Windows-based software, PXR-LITE. The software allows you to program PXR series controllers from the PC and view real-time data and trend graph while logging the data on to a text file.
A powerful tool for the OEM customer is the Program Loader option with Windows-based software. Programs for different applications can be saved to and from Fuji temperature PXR series controllers.
Options Available with the PXR3 include:
- Dual outputs
- Programmable alarms
- Remote setpoint
- RS485 communications
- Analog retransmission
- Digital input
- Timer function
- Heater burnout alarm
- 24V AC/DC supply voltage
The PXR3's digital input option allows the user to change between 2 setpoints, change between ramp / soak and standby, start / reset the ramp / soak, start / stop the auto tuning, cancel the alarm latch, and start the incorporated timer.
- Fuji PXR3 Temperature Controller Manual PDF (1.2 MB)
- Fuji PXR-LITE Temperature Controller Software Manual PDF (304 KB)
- Fuji PXR3 Installation/Wiring Instructions PDF (24 KB)
- Fuji PXR Temperature Controller ASCII Protocol PDF (467 KB)
- Fuji PXR Temperature Controller MODBUS Protocol PDF (407 KB)