Dakota Ultrasonics PZX-7 Series Thickness Gauges
Pulse-Echo, Echo-Echo, Interface-Echo, & Plastics measurement modes with automatic time dependent gain (TDG)
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- 0.001 or 0.0001in (0.01 or 0.001mm) resolution
- 0.0120 to 0.7300in/μs (305 to 18,542m/sec) velocity
- -22 to 167°F (-30 to 75°C) operating temp
- Pulse-Echo 0.040 to 36.0in (1.0 to 914.4mm)
- Echo-Echo 0.040 to 6.0in (1.0 to 152.4mm) contact
- 0.006 to 1.00in (0.152 to 25.4mm) delay line
- Interface-Echo 0.060 to 1.0in (1.524 to 25.4mm)
- Plastics 0.005 to 0.250in (0.127 to 6.35mm)
- 200Hz pulse repetition frequency (PRF)
- 100 volt spike pulser
- IP65 rating & CE approved
- 5-year limited warranty
What's in the Box
- Single-element transducer (5 to 20MHz frequency)
- 4ft transducer cable (LEMO 00 connector)
- AA batteries
- Plastic carrying case
- Calibration traceable to NIST & MIL-STD-45662A
The Dakota Ultrasonics PZX-7 series thickness gauges feature an extruded aluminum body with nickel-plated aluminum end caps (gasket sealed) for durability. They are powered by 120MHz FPGA timing and have a 10Hz display update rate. You can use the high speed scan function to display the lowest reading found during a scan at a speed of 100Hz. Differential mode lets you display the +/- difference from an entered nominal value. You can also set high and low alarm limits with audible and visual indicators.
In addition to the various measuring modes for thickness, there is a VX feature that allows you to measure in terms of velocity for nodularity testing.
By selecting the data logging version (PZX-7 DL), you get sequential data storage for 40 files of 250 readings per file (10,000 readings total). This model includes a USB download cable in addition to the standard accessories. Software is not required for this unit because the data is formatted as comma-separated values (.csv) text file.