Kobold EPS Magmeter
Measure volumetric flow of liquids, slurries, pastes, & other electrically conductive media via magnetic field & Faraday's law of induction
Need Help? Call a Flow Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Fr 8:30am to 5:00pm ET
- Integral or remote mount to UMF2 transmitter
- 0.5 to 10m/s measuring range
- Accuracy is ±0.3% of measured value
- ±0.15% of measured value repeatability
- ≥5μS/cm conductivity
- ≥20μS/cm with demineralized water
- EPDM, rubber (soft or hard), PTFE, or Ceramic lining
- Rated IP67 or IP68 optional with remote
The Kobold EPS magmeter is not effected by pressure, temperature, density, or viscosity but solid particles and small gas bubbles should be avoided. The electrically conductive media will induce a voltage proportional to the flow velocity rate which is detected by the UMF2 transmitter and converted into standardized electrical signal such as 4-20mA or pulse output.
The UMF2 transmitter is housed in painted, die cast aluminum and features empty pipe detection and coil current monitoring diagnostics. It has electromagnetic tolerance in accordance with EMC directive (2014/30/EU). Output signals are galvanically isolated up to 24V and 60mA. This transmitter has passive pulse and status outputs, and an active analog 4-20mA with option for HART protocol.