Define Instruments TM-4DPI Isolated Transmitter
User powered transmitter that accepts 4-wire universal input and generates a current or voltage output
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Current, voltage, TC, RTD, & potentiometer input
- Voltage or current output
- ±10 or 0 to 10VDC
- 4 or 0 to 20 or 20 to 0 or 4mA
- 3750VAC isolation between input & output
- -4 to 185°F (-20 to 85°C) operating temp
- <±0.03% FSO accuracy
- 35mm symmetrical DIN rail mount
- Program using free Define ToolBox software download
- No power supply or calibrator required
- Requires a USB Bridge Key
- Designed to withstand harsh EMC environments
- CE approved & 5-year guarantee
The Define Instruments TM-4DPI isolated transmitter is designed for applications that have an auxiliary supply to power the transmitter. It can be powered directly from a 24VDC source or a mains connection (85 to 265VAC), ideal for applications that are not possible with loop powered transmitters.
These additional components are required for the operation of your product. We strongly advise you to purchase these components unless you already own them or own a suitable alternative.
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Controlling Rock Crusher Vibration Speed
The Background: Our customer operates a quarry that produces crushed stone. They use a 10k potentiometer to control the vibrating motor which drives their rock crusher. They need an isolated transmitter to convert the signal from the potentiometer to the motor.
The Problem: The motor accepts a 0-10VDC signal and in the interest of accuracy, safety and ease of installation; the customer doesn’t want the DC voltage directly connected to the potentiometer.
The Solution: We recommended a Define Instruments TM-4DPI isolated transmitter to convert the potentiometer resistance value to a 0-10VDC signal, keeping the 2 signals isolated.