Druck DPI 620 Genii-IS Multifunction Calibrator
ATEX and IECEx approved intrinsically safe pressure calibration with electrical & temperature functions for use in hazardous areas
Need Help? Call a Calibration Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Generate up to 1500psi (100bar) pneumatic pressures
- 15,000psi (1000bar) hydraulic
- Measure & source electrical, frequency, & temperature
- mA, mV, V, ohms, Hz, RTD’s & thermocouples
- Single touch configuration of common devices
- Data log up to six channels simultaneously (8GB)
- Calculates errors between inputs & outputs
- HART, Fieldbus, & Profibus communicator options
- Approved for zone 1 & 2 classified hazardous areas
- CE Marked & IP54 ingress protection
What's in the Box
- Test leads
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Universal mains adapter & charger
- Calibration certificate
- Quick reference guide
The Druck DPI 620 Genii-IS multifunction calibrator provides simultaneous measurement and source capabilities for the setup, testing and calibration of most types of process instruments including transmitters, transducers, gauges/indicators, switches, proximity detectors, counters, RTDs, thermocouples and valve positioners.
Its modular design and functionality means it can be expanded over time and tailored to applications as your needs change or adapted in the field to suit multiple applications. Three pressure generation base station options are available; as well as pressure module carrier and a wide range of interchangeable pressure modules from 25mbar (10inH2O) to 1,000bar (15,000psi) with 0.005%FS accuracy. No tools or seals are required to transition.
Optional HART communication protocol gives the ability to measure and source analog variables without secondary calibration equipment and provides:
- Internal mA loop power & communicator power hubs
- Software & complete device description (DD) library with free updates
- Internal menu selected 250 ohm loop resistor
- Druck DPI 620 Genii-IS Multifunction Calibrator Manual PDF (5.6 MB)
- Druck DPI 620 Genii-IS Multifunction Calibrator Spanish Manual PDF (7.8 MB)
These additional components are required for the operation of your product. We strongly advise you to purchase these components unless you already own them or own a suitable alternative.
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Intrinsically Safe Approval for Use in an Oil Refinery
The Background: Our customer is an oil refinery seeking an Intrinsically Safe multifunction calibrator with a pressure source and HART communications.
The Problem: Refineries typically have hundreds of gauges, sensors, switches, detectors, positioners, and transmitters which all require periodic calibration to maintain accuracy. The range of calibration needs requires electrical calibrators, frequency calibrators, temperature calibrators, pressure calibrators, and loop calibrators. That’s a lot of equipment to haul around. Because the customer utilizes HART communications and needs an Intrinsically Safe unit, there are very few all-in-one solutions to the customer’s needs.
The Solution: We were able to demonstrate to the customer how the GE Druck DPI620-Genii-IS multifunction calibrator can help them. The DPI620-Genii-IS is a full-function electrical and temperature calibrator with a fully functional HART communicator that is Intrinsically Safe for use in "Hot Areas". When this unit is kitted up with the GE Druck PV620 pressure base station and pressure modules, it becomes an Intrinsically Safe pressure calibrator as well.