MTL SLP Surge Protectors
Multi-stage hybrid devices offer cost effective surge protection for digital and analog I/O
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Surge protection for two loops per SLP (or one 4-wire circuit)
- Multi-stage hybrid protection circuitry
- Maximum surge current: 20kA (8/20μs waveform) per line
- Maximum rated load current: 1.50A
- Space-saving design; 6mm width per loop
- Multiple voltage ratings to suit all process I/O applications
- Plug connectors for quick and easy connection
- Designed for high bandwidth, low resistance applications
- Electrical connections: Plug/header screw terminal strip
- ATEX Certified intrinsically safe
- 10 year product warranty
- T-section DIN-rail mounting (35 x 15mm rail)
The MTL SLP surge protectors are multi-stage hybrid devices which offer cost effective surge protection for digital and analog I/O. The SLP is designed to exhibit exceptionally low line resistance and adds only a tiny voltage drop to the circuit. In operation, the SLP device does not adversely affect the performance or operation of the loop or combined equipment. The device allows signals to pass with very little attenuation while diverting surge currents safely to earth and clamping output voltages to safe levels.
The multi-stage hybrid surge protection network at the heart of the SLP uses a combination of solid state electronics and a gas filled discharge tube (GDT) to provide surge protection up to 20kA. This impressive surge protection circuit is designed to exhibit exceptionally low line resistance and adds only a tiny voltage drop to the circuit.
Fully automatic in operation, SLP devices react immediately to make sure that equipment is never exposed to damaging surges between lines or the lines and earth. Reacting instantaneously, the SLP redirects surges safely to earth and then resets automatically.
The versatile SLP series design considers the need for high packing densities and has a product combining protection for two process loops into one case. Each module provides full hybrid surge protection for two process loops.