DH-Budenberg Model 80 Pipeline Tester
Portable unit for accurate leak and strength testing of pipelines as well as measurement of pressure within the pipeline
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Hydraulic deadweight tester
- Choice of 600 bar or 8000 psi pressure
- 0.03% accuracy
- Ergonomic layout ideal for field use
- Supplied with certificate traceable to national standards
What's in the Box
- Piston-cylinder unit with oil seal
- Mass set supplied in separate carrying case
- 500ml bottle of hydraulic mineral oil
- Set of pipes for air, gas or water operation
- Spirit level
- Factory calibration certificate
- Operation instructions
The DH-Budenberg Model 80 hydraulic pipeline tester is a portable unit suitable for the accurate measurement of arbitrary and fluctuating pressure, which occur in power plants, pipelines and many other applications.
The DH-Budenberg Model 80 hydraulic pipeline tester works by relying on the same measurement principle as deadweight testers. To measure a pressure, masses are added to the piston unit corresponding to a pressure just below that to be measured. The total downward force of the masses is then in excess of the pressure to be measured and is balanced by the pressure produced by the spindle pump applied to the stepped area of the piston which pushes it upwards. This low pressure is indicated on the precision dial pressure gauge specially graduated so that the reading of the gauge only is added to the pressure equivalent of the masses used. The weight of the mass carrier corresponds to the scale range of the dial gauge and is ignored.
The piston unit and test masses supplied with this pipeline tester have been calibrated against standards which are traceable to National Standards
The DH-Budenberg Model 80 hydraulic pipeline tester is ideal for the following applications:
- Leak and yield strength testing
- Detection of frictional pressure losses along pipelines
- Monitoring of gas pressure associated with flow metering
- Measurement of well head gas pressure and hydraulic test pressure of riser pipe
- Measurement of steam pressure for efficiency testing
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Testing Buried Pipelines
The Background: A petroleum company has many buried pipelines which need to be tested periodically to ensure their structural integrity and that they comply with all pertinent regulations.
The Problem: Hydrotesting is a critical aspect of pipeline maintenance. By pressurizing the pipeline to at least 125% of its maximum operating pressure (MAOP) at any point along its length, it is possible to expose defective materials that have escaped previous detection, ensure that any remaining defects are insignificant enough to allow operation at design pressures, expose possible leaks, and serve as a final validation of the integrity of the constructed system.
The Solution: The DH-Budenberg Model 80 pipeline tester is a portable unit that relies on the same measurement principle as deadweight testers making it a highly accurate means of identifying leaks and testing the strength of pipelines or of measuring pressure within the pipeline.