Badger Meter Model 3700 Data Acquisition Server
Powerful data acquisition server that allows users to log data easily and efficiently
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Simple “plug and play” connectivity to standard Modbus meters minimizes installation time and costs
- “Flex” I/O inputs provide easy connections for analog, pulse, and resistance sensors
- All hardware and software is designed to provide data in flexible, industry standard formats for databases, spreadsheets, etc.
- Integrated relay outputs allow supervisory control from any location for load shedding or local generation
- Integrated web server provides setup and configuration using any industry standard web browser (i.e., Netscape or Internet Explorer®)
- All data is stored in a nonvolatile memory, insuring protection of valuable information in the event of power loss
- Two communication options: Local Area Network (LAN) or phone line
- Optional Model 345WT for wireless RS 485 communications
The Badger Meter Model 3700 data acquisition server is a powerful system that allows users to log data easily and efficiently. The system combines the flexibility of choosing LAN, modem or cellular communication paths for logging building data such as: electrical, gas and water usage and costs; indoor and outdoor temperatures; and pressure, humidity, CO2.
The Badger Meter Model 3700 requires no special hardware for set-up as most standard web browsers will communicate with it. Meter connections can be made to one of the eight inputs or via the standard Modbus input. The Model 3700 will automatically begin to log data as soon as it detects an input. The user can then configure each point to set the units of measure, log time, and other features.
Data that has been collected may be accessed via an Ethernet connection and by using standard web browser PC software. This can either be collected with a local PC or by placing the Ethernet connection on a LAN, which would allow for remote collection. Once collected, the data can be trended using a standard spreadsheet program.
Model 3700 brings "plug and play" capability to the data acquisition market, dramatically reducing the time and training required to put a typical building on line. In most applications, the installation can be completed by the building engineer or contractor in less than 2 hours. The system automatically detects and configures Modbus devices in just seconds reducing installation time and costs.
Applications for the Badger Meter Model 3700 Data Acquisition Server:
- Demand response programs
- Benchmarking building operations performance
- Verification of energy savings and utility costs
- Cost allocation to departments or tenants
- Internet based supervisory control outputs
- Monitoring performance of building systems (i.e., chillers, boilers, fans)
This product can be used in the following applications: