Badger Meter RCT1000 Coriolis Flow Meter
Remote or integral mount sensor that simultaneously measures mass flow, fluid density and fluid temperature
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Measures either liquid or gas
- Unobstructed open flow design
- Pipe sizes 1/4 inch up to 3 inches
- Liquids: up to ±0.1% of flow rate ± zero stability
- Gases: up to ±0.5% of flow rate ± zero stability
- Density: up to ±0.03121 lb/ft3 (0.0005 g/cm3)
- Zero stability up to ±0.025% of full scale
- Repeatability up to ±0.05% of flow rate
- -40 to 392°F (-40 to 200°C) process temp range
- Wetted material: 316L stainless steel
Badger Meter RCT1000 Coriolis Flow Meter identifies flow rate by directly measuring mass flow and density of fluids over a wide range of process temperatures with a high degree of accuracy. For homogenous fluids consisting of two components like sugar and water, the RCT1000 Coriolis system can derive the concentration and mass of each component based on fluid properties and density measurement. Furthermore, the unobstructed, open flow design makes it suitable for a variety of fluids such as slurries and other viscous, nonconductive fluids that are difficult to measure with other technologies.
The Coriolis design and measurement principle allows the meter to be an exceptional device in measuring:
- Vegetable oils and fats
- Homogeneous suspensions and slurries
- Adhesives, glues or binding materials
- Coatings and hardeners
- Dyes, fragrances, vitamins and other additives
The RCT1000 transmitters provide a variety of means to integrate the meter's output into new and existing operations. The batch and PID functionality enables direct control of devices, such as valves, by use of digital or analog outputs. Additionally, programmable digital outputs can indicate low and high alarm conditions. Network options are available including EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP/IP and Modbus RTU.
- Badger Meter RCT1000 Coriolis Flow Meter 005 to 008 Sensors Datasheet PDF (1.0 MB)
- Badger Meter RCT1000 Coriolis Flow Meter 018 to 300 Sensors Datasheet PDF (1.1 MB)
- Badger Meter RCT1000 Coriolis Flow Meter Manual PDF (9.9 MB)
- Badger Meter RCT1000 Coriolis Flow Meter HART Manual PDF (841 KB)
- Badger Meter RCT1000 Coriolis Flow Meter EtherNet/IP Setup Manual PDF (1.4 MB)
These additional components are required for the operation of your product. We strongly advise you to purchase these components unless you already own them or own a suitable alternative.
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Measuring and Controlling Liquid CO2 for Flash Freezing Food
The Background: Our customer is an industrial food processor that needs to accurately measure and control liquid carbon dioxide used to flash freeze food products.
The Problem: In the food processing industry, the need to freeze food quickly and efficiently requires accurate measurement of CO2. The goal is to keep costs down by using the exact amount of CO2 to ensure uniform freezing with minimal waste.
The Solution: We suggested the Badger Meter RCT1000 Coriolis Flow Meter which can of supply the actual flow rate and a totalized flow rate for each production run. By measuring the liquid flow in pounds and knowing how many pounds of food traveled through the freezer, an efficiency calculation can be determined.
Pet Food Batching
The Background: Our customer manufactures pet food and is looking for an efficient way to combine liquid ingredients to dry ingredients during production.
The Problem: In the production of many pet food mixtures, liquid ingredients are carefully dosed into a mixer to be combined with a dry ingredients. Often, the liquid-based ingredient is kept in a recirculation piping loop to maintain optimum temperature and viscosity for uniform spray patterns into the mixing tank and to prevent liquid from solidifying.
The Solution: We recommended the Badger Meter RCT1000 Coriolis Flow Meter which can take a digital input to initiate a batch sequence and also produce the output signals for solenoid valves, which divert the flow from recirculate to spray, accurately dosing the exact amount required for each production run.