Proximity PLS Level Switch
Economical top or side mounted rotary paddle level control for dry bulk materials
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- For use with dry powder or bulk materials compatible with wetted materials
- Minimum material density of 5 lb/ft³ (80 kg/m³), maximum of 200 lb/ft³ (3200 kg/m³)
- Wetted Materials: Paddles: 316 SS; Exposed Shaft: 316 SS; Shaft Seal: PTFE; Mounting Boss: Modular design to allow field installation of any paddle, flanges, shaft extensions, or shaft guards Aluminum; Flexible Coupling: 316 SS; Mounting Flanges: Carbon Steel or 316 SS; Shaft Extension and Shaft Guards: Galvanized Steel or 316 SS
- Process temperature limit: -40 to 300°F (-40 to 148.9°C); -40 to 500°F (-40 to 260°C) with high temperature unit
- Pressure Limit: 30 psig
- Aluminum, powder coated NEMA 4X rated enclosure
- Explosion-proof models rated Class I, Div. 1 & 2, Groups C & D, Div. 1 & 2, Groups E, F, & G
- SPDT or optional DPDT snap switch
- Screw terminal connections
- Process Connection: 1-1/4" male NPT. Optional flange
The Proximity PLS is an electromechanical level switch designed for level monitoring of bulk materials. The rotating measuring vane is driven by a brushless synchronous motor at one revolution per minute. As product builds up, the paddle is impeded from moving and the resulting motor torque activates the output switches and stops the motor. A spring mechanism reactivates the motor and returns the switches to normal state when the product no longer impedes the paddle rotation.
Standard construction is weatherproof with explosion-proof optional, and the unit can be side or top mounted. The PLS is designed with the industry standard 1-1/4" male NPT connection and mounting flanges.
This product can be used in the following applications: