Proximity TFLS2 Level Switch
Compact, cost effective tuning fork level switch or level control of powders
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- For use with compatible dry powders. Can detect bulk materials submerged in liquid.
- Minimum bulk solid density: 4.4 lb/ft³ (70 g/l)
- Maximum particle size: 0.4" (10 mm)
- Wetted Materials: 316 L SS.
- Process Temperature Limit: -40 to 266°F (-40 to 130°C)
- Pressure Limit: 600 psi (40 bar).
- IP65 rated aluminum enclosure
- SPDT switch
- Green and red LED indication lights
- 1" male NPT process connection
- Screw terminal electrical connections
The Proximity TFLS2 Compact Tuning Fork Level Switch is an ideal choice for level control of powders. The TFLS2 incorporates a piezoelectric crystal that vibrates the fork at its natural frequency. When the fork comes in contact with a material, the vibration is dampened and the switch changes state. As the fork becomes free of material, the switch changes back to its normal state. Featured in the TFLS2 is user selectable fail-safe operation of the contacts. The unit is not affected by vibration from conveying systems, motors, or the movement of material. Its compact size allows for mounting in places a larger tuning fork level switch may not fit, providing great versatility.
The Proximity TFLS2 is easy to use with adjustable calibration, and no mechanical moving parts means no routine maintenance. The TFLS2 is not affected by the dielectric constant of the sensed material, making it superior to a comparable capacitance level switch for applications where the dielectric constant is low, more than one material is being used in the single vessel, and when material moisture content can change. The level switch is also great for applications when the bulk density is too low for a rotating paddle level switch, making it the ideal choice for low density bulk solids and liquids.
This product can be used in the following applications: