PIE 850 Multifunction Calibrator
Carry eight single function calibrators plus a 4-20/10-50 milliamp calibrator with loop supply plus a loop troubleshooter in the palm of your hand
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Milliamp calibrator, voltage calibrator, thermocouple calibrator, RTD resistance calibrator, frequency calibrator, pH simulator, continuity checker, and pressure calibrator (with accessory pressure modules) all in one unit
- Intuitive EZ-DIAL Double Click Menu makes it easier to setup than other multifunction
- Accurate to ±0.02% of Reading + 0.01% Full Scale
- Compatible with the instruments you use including all brands of smart transmitters and PLCs with 14 T/C and 9 RTD
- Quickly set any three outputs plus automatic stepping & ramping
- Internal 42 V power supply is able to drive transmitters and positioners in 10-50 mA loops
What's in the Box
- Four “AA” Lithium Ion batteries
- Blue Rubber Boot
- Evolution Hands Free Carrying Case
- Evolution mA/V Test Leads (includes 1 Red & 1 Black Lead with Banana Plugs & Alligator Clips)
- Evolution RTD Wire Kit (includes 2 Red & 2 Black Leads with Banana Plugs & Spade Lugs)
- Certificate of Calibration with Test Data
The PIE 850 multifunction calibrator is a high performance instrument that does the work of 8 single function calibrators while including 10 to 50 mA capability and advanced troubleshooting tools. The PIE 850 is more than a multifunction calibrator. It is also a loop detective that is able to diagnose common problems that other test equipment just cannot find. Whether you have a flooded junction box or unknown ground faults, the PIE 850 has the loop diagnostic technology to detect it… or use the LoopScope to see at a glance all the parameters - milliamps, voltage and resistance - in the loop.
The PIE 850 not only includes a milliamp calibrator, voltage calibrator, thermocouple calibrator, RTD resistance calibrator, frequency calibrator, pH simulator, continuity checker, and pressure calibrator (with accessory pressure modules) all in one unit; it also includes advanced troubleshooting tools to help you uncover undiagnosed loop problems which can lead to dangerous operating conditions or catastrophic results.
When you need to find out why a loop is out of control and all the wiring seems to be in order turn on the 850's LoopScope and simultaneously see all the parameters of the loop. The LoopScope simultaneously displays the current, DC voltage and total resistance in the loop. Observing the SUPPLY (DC voltage) and the LOAD (resistance) lets you see if the loop power supply has enough capacity to power all the devices in the loop. By observing all three signals at the same time you can see how the voltage and resistance respond as the current changes. If the voltage drops too far as the current goes up you may need a power supply with more capacity or the power supply itself may be failing. If the resistance in the loop is too high you may have more devices in the loop than the power supply can handle or there may be an instrument in the loop that is drawing too much power and requires replacement.