Macnaught MX Series Fuel and Oil Flow Meters
Positive displacement oval gear flow meters optimized for fuel and oil measurement applications
Need Help? Call a Flow Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Flow ranges from 0.13 GPH to 317 GPM
- Up to ±0.5% accuracy (±1.0% for MX06F, MX09F)
- Cast aluminum meter body
- Bearingless PPS Rotors
- Viton seals
- Temperature Range: -40 to 176˚F
- Optional 12 or 17mm LCD display
- Output options: 4-20mA (passive), Transistor, Pulse Output, Alarm
- BSP, NPT or flanged process connections
- CE compliant
- 2 Year Warranty
- Robust Design
- Suitable for use in the harshest outdoor environments
Macnaught MX Series fuel and oil flow meters are positive displacement oval gear flowmeters that are optimized for fuel and oil measurement applications.
Macnaught Fuel and Oil meters are constructed utilizing a robust cast aluminum body suitable for use in the harshest environments. Their bearing-less PTFE/PPS rotors provide exceptionally low pressure drop and can even be used in gravity fed applications. This unique rotor design ensures minimal wear resulting in many years of reliable service. This approach has proven over time to provide consistently accurate flow measurement that is not affected by variations in temperature, viscosity, or pressure.
Another benefit of Macnaught's unique rotor design is simplicity of repair. With only 2 moving parts, the meters are simple to repair, require minimal repair parts stock, and can even be repaired inline, resulting in less downtime.
Oval Gear flowmeters are ideally suited to applications requiring accurate dispense quantities. Measurement of very low flow rates, pulsating flow, small batch sizes, viscous products, and non-conductive liquids are all ideal uses for oval gear meters. Because these meters don't require flow conditioning, no straight piping runs are required, so they can be used in installations where space is limited without effecting performance.
With a range of display, output and process connection options, Macnaught MX Series fuel and oil flow meters are the perfect choice for a variety of applications including:
- Service and fueling trucks
- Fuel depots
- Portable fueling systems
- Bio-diesel blending and production
- Lubricant blending and dispensing
- Hydraulic fluid dispensing and test stands
- Boiler and generator fuel consumption
- Fuel consumption for mining, construction, and military vehicles
- Bitumen/asphalt production
- Macnaught MX06F Fuel and Oil Flow Meters Datasheet PDF (94 KB)
- Macnaught MX09F Fuel and Oil Flow Meter Datasheet PDF (3.8 MB)
- Macnaught MX12F Fuel and Oil Flow Meter Datasheet PDF (3.2 MB)
- Macnaught MX19F Fuel and Oil Flow Meter Datasheet PDF (3.3 MB)
- Macnaught MX25F Fuel and Oil Flow Meter Datasheet PDF (3.4 MB)
- Macnaught MX40F Fuel and Oil Flow Meter Datasheet PDF (3.2 MB)
- Macnaught MX50F Fuel and Oil Flow Meter Datasheet PDF (3.4 MB)
- Macnaught MX75F Fuel and Oil Flow Meter Datasheet PDF (3.5 MB)
- Macnaught MX100F Fuel and Oil Flow Meter Datasheet PDF (3.1 MB)
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Mineral Oil Measurement
The Background: Our customer is an industrial facility that needs to measure the flow of mineral oil.
The Problem: Mineral oil is not compatible with all flow meters. Additionally, there is no external power available.
The Solution: We recommended the Macnaught MX Series fuel and oil flow meters. The MX Series is a rugged, high accuracy, positive displacement meter optimized for oils.
Monitoring Fuel Usage in a Multiple Boiler System
The Background: Our customer is a large industrial facility that has three boilers plumbed to the same fuel tank. They had been noticing that their fuel usage seemed abnormally high but were unable to determine what was causing it. They seek a way to determine which boiler is not performing efficiently.
The Problem: The manner in which the system is plumbed doesn’t allow them to see the fuel usage of the individual boilers which could help them determine which isn’t performing well.
The Solution: We suggested purchasing three of the Macnaught MX positive displacement flow meter so that the customer could monitor each of the supply lines. In this case there wasn't a return line, but if that had been the case we could have sold six meters and three displays that would have subtracted the return from the supply. They were quickly able to determine which boiler system wasn't performing well and make repairs. They are now able to keep track of how much each system uses each month.