Honeywell MIDAS LonWorks Module
Integrates the MIDAS gas monitoring system within a LonWorks network
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Operating Voltage: 24VDC Nominal ±15%
- Output to Midas Transmitter: 48VDC via proprietary Power over Ethernet (PoE) connection
- Digital Communications: LonWorks digital communication within a 78kbps FTT sub-loop system
- Relays: Local activation of three (3) on board Midas® relays for fault and alarm or remote activation of 3 relays using LonWorks®
- CE marked: meets EN 5022:1998 Ammendment A2 and EN 5024 (24V supply)
- LED indicates network status
- 1 year warranty
This product is an accessory for the following products:
The Honeywell MIDAS LonWorks Module is a gateway that integrates the MIDAS® gas monitoring system within a LonWorks network. LonWorks is a communications interface which facilitates peer-to-peer communications in a control network.
The LonWorks module provides all communication and power to the MIDAS transmitter and transmits all gas readings, faults, alarms and other sensor diagnostics via the LonWorks protocol. Any Midas transmitter can be easily configured to connect with the LonWorks® interface module.
The MIDAS LonWorks interface module is installed behind the standard MIDAS gas detector. The MIDAS uses the Free Topology (FT) physical layer which communicates at 78 Kbaud. Each FT segment can contain up to 64 nodes and up to 2.7 Km of cable. Routers permit expansion of the network to multiple segments.
The MIDAS LonWorks interface contains 2 functional blocks, 19 network variables and 2 network configuration inputs. It is designed for compliance with LonMark guidelines version 3.2. However, it is not LonMark certified.