Honeywell MIDAS Gas Monitoring System
Fast and reliable detection of gases used in the semiconductor and other industrial manufacturing applications
Need Help? Call a Temperature Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Over 35 gases available
- 500 mL/min flow rate
- Pre-calibrated ‘plug-and-play’ smart sensor cartridge
- 3 built in relays (Form C) for Alarm 1, 2 and Fault
- 24VDC nominal ±10% operating voltage
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) communication
- 36-57VDC, 48VDC nominal operating voltage
- Modbus/TCP Ethernet communication
- Keypad interface and remote Web Browser Interface
- Password protected menu to preserve system integrity
- Bright LEDs and large, intuitive backlit LCD display
- Isolated 0-22mA analog output
- With fault & event reporting
- Robust extractive pump system sampling up to 30m
- Reflex sensor health check for improved safety
- TempraSureTM temperature compensation technology
- RS232C / PPP protocol service port
- Meets EN 50270:1999 (Type2) and EN 55011:2000
- ETL approved UL 61010B and CSA-C22.2 No. 1010.1-92
- IEEE 802.3af-2003
- CE marked
The Honeywell MIDAS is a gas monitoring system for fast and reliable response to the presence of virtually all gases used or generated in the semiconductor and other industrial manufacturing applications. MIDAS offers lower cost of ownership benefits for gas detection through a combination of extended sensor calibration periods, flexible communications architecture and patented diagnostics that monitor sensor performance and flow control.
MIDAS uses a universal transmitter platform that detects the majority of toxic, ambient and flammable gases that must be monitored in a typical industrial process environment. The pre-calibrated ‘plug-and-play' smart sensor cartridge makes sensor replacement quick and easy to manage with no tools required, and prevents any operator error associated with using incorrect or depleted sensors. Bright LED lights and an intuitive, icon driven interactive menu guarantee instant alert to the gas reading or alarm level coupled with password protected menus for configuration, test and calibration.
MIDAS is very compact in size and its easy access metal chassis design makes it simple to install in crowded, increasingly complex process environments or retrofit applications where space is at a premium. MIDAS has flexible power and communications built in as standard including 3 on-board relays, 0-22mA analog output, Modbus/ TCP Ethernet digital outputs, as well as the innovative Power over Ethernet (PoE) protocol - a single Ethernet connection for all power, control and communication requirements. Cost effective integration with PLC and FieldBus systems is greatly simplified with the MIDAS architecture.
MIDAS will monitor points up to 30m (100ft) away from the transmitter and flow rates are regulated automatically using patented control technology to ensure error free gas sensing operation. Honeywell Analytics designs and manufactures its own sensors using advanced robotics to ensure unbeatable quality and reliability.
A complete MIDAS gas monitoring system needs each of the following parts:
- MIDAS transmitter
- Sensor Cell (if not included with purchase of transmitter)
- Pyrolyzer module (only required for NF3, CH2F2, C4F6, CH3F, C5F8 and, SF6 gases)
- Sample and exhaust tubing
- End of line filters
- Honeywell MIDAS Gas Monitoring System Datasheet PDF (253 KB)
- Honeywell MIDAS Gas Monitoring System Brochure PDF (348 KB)
Application Notes and White Papers
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Monitoring for O2 Deficiency in an MRI Room
The Background: Our customer is a radiology clinic that contains an MRI machine. The high temperatures created by the machine when in operation must be cooled via a system that runs helium through a condenser. The customer seeks a way to monitor oxygen levels in case of a helium leak which would displace oxygen, creating a hazard.
The Problem: The MRI machine uses very powerful magnets which prohibits the use of electronics inside the imaging room.
The Solution: We recommended the Honeywell MIDAS gas monitoring system which provides fast and reliable response to the presence of virtually all gases. The MIDAS is designed to incorporate a sample system which can monitor gases up to 100-feet from the transmitter.