Ashcroft B Series Temperature Switch
Watertight NEMA 4 or explosion proof NEMA 7 enclosure and optional welded design
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Watertight NEMA 4 or explosion proof NEMA 7 enclosures
- Switch elements for all applications
- Fixed or limited adjustable deadband
- UL listings standard
- Setpoints adjustable from 15 to 100% of range
- (-40 to 60°F) to (500 to 750°F) temp range
- CSA listings available
- ATEX models available
- IECEx models available
The Ashcroft B-Series temperature switches feature a SAMA Class II vapor pressure thermal system. This system provides quick, accurate response to process temperature changes with negligible ambient temperature effects. This is inherent in the design due to the precise relationship that exists between temperature and pressure according to the vapor pressure laws. A wide selection of sensing bulb and armored capillary lengths are available. The vapor pressure system design features small bulb sizes, making installation easy and cost-effective.
All models feature ±1.0% percent of span setpoint repeatability with very high overtemperature ratings. These standard designs perform well in applications where shock and vibration could be a problem and should be used with Ashcroft thermowells for bulb protection and ease of installation and maintenance.
Ashcroft temperature switches have bulb diameters to match 3/8 inch nominal bore thermowells. The bulbs have a sensitive portion length of 2 inches which can be used with 2.5 inch "U" dimensioned thermowells or longer. For maximum accuracy, a thermowell's "U" dimension should be selected to permit complete immersion of the sensitive portion plus 1 inch when measuring the temperature of liquids; an extra 3 inches should be allowed when measuring the temperature of gases.
- Ashcroft B Series Temperature Switches Datasheet PDF (635 KB)
- Ashcroft B Series T4 Temperature Switch Quick Specs PDF (339 KB)
- Ashcroft B Series T7 Temperature Switch Quick Specs PDF (289 KB)
- Ashcroft B Series Temperature Switch Product Selection Guide PDF (90 KB)
- Ashcroft B Series T4 Temperature Switch Wiring Diagram PDF (308 KB)
- Ashcroft B Series T7 Temperature Switch Wiring Diagram PDF (312 KB)