AEMC 8220 Power Quality Analyzer & Meter
Single-phase, AC/DC power meter, rated to 600 V with CAT III safety rating
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Measures up to 660 V RMS or V DC
- Measures up to 6500 A AC or 1400 A DC
- Displays min, max and ave. volts and amps, crest factor and peak value
- Calculates and displays watts, Wh, VARs and VA, Power Factor and Displacement Power Factor for single-phase and balanced three-phase
- Displays total harmonic distortion (THD-F and THD-R) for voltage and current
- Displays individual harmonic values and % for volts and amps to the 50th harmonic
- Captures and displays inrush current
- Calculates and displays phase rotation and RPM
- Displays temperature in either °F or °C
- Displays resistance up to 2000Ω
- Conducts continuity and diode tests
- Stores up to nine complete sets of readings for all volt, amp, power, harmonics and other measurements
- Configurable from DataView software or front panel
- Operates off batteries or optional AC adapter
- Monitor all power quantity variables (V, A, W, VAR, VA)
- Monitor motor performance (inrush, RPM, temperature)
- Energy metering (kAh, VARh, kWh)
- Troubleshoot connections with resistance/continuity measurements
- Determine proper system wiring with phase rotation function
What's in the Box
- 10ft voltage leads & alligator clips
- Optical USB cable
- 6 1.5V batteries
- 2 safety test probes
- DataView software
- Carrying bag
The AEMC model 8220 is a single-phase AC + DC power meter with an electroluminescent backlit digital display and a 600V CAT III safety rating. It is a measurement tool for electrical parameters and distribution network disturbances, enabling the user to obtain instant measurements of the main characteristics of a single-phase network (voltage, current, power, voltage and current harmonics, etc). It is also used to monitor machinery in operation (temperature, inrush current and duration of operation, resistance of windings and rotational speed).
Compact and shock resistant, the 8220 has an ergonomic design and straightforward interface that makes it user friendly and intuitive. Within seconds you will be gathering the measurements you want. The AEMC model 8220's accuracy is better than 1% (excluding current sensors). It has a great flexibility due to AEMC's range of current sensors, measuring from a few hundred milliamps to several thousand amps.
DataView software provides a convenient way to configure and control power quality from your computer. Through the use of clear and easy-to-use tabbed dialog boxes, all PowerPad functions can be configured and tests can be initiated. Results can be displayed in real time and stored in your PC. Reports may be printed along with the operator's comments and analysis.
The AEMC model 8220 is designed for technicians, control and maintenance engineers, as well as, electrical contractors and educators.
Please consider these optional accessories.