AEMC PEL 102 / PEL 103 Power and Energy Loggers
One, two and three phase power/energy data logger ideal for building and system monitoring
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Measurement of RMS voltages and currents at 128 times per cycle and stored every second
- Measurement of VA, W and var power values (total and per phase) stored every second
- Measurement of VAh, Wh and varh energy values (total and per phase) per second with source/load indication
- Calculation of the cos φ Displacement Power Factor (DPF) and the Power Factor (PF) stored every second
- Calculation of Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
- Measurement, calculation and display of the harmonics up to the 50th order for 50/60 Hz and 7th order for 400Hz
- Measurement of the DC quantities (RMS calculation)
- Electrical network quantities are stored on a removable SD-Card
- Automatic recognition of the connected current sensors
- DataView software for configuration, data retrieval and real-time viewing of measurements with a PC
- Compact and rugged case
- Versatile communication interface choices built in (USB, Ethernet, Bluetooth)
What's in the Box
- Tool Bag
- 3 MiniFlex sensors
- 5ft USB Cable
- 4 Black Test Leads and Alligator Clips
- Power Cord
- 12 Color-coded ID Markers
- Multiflex Mounting System
- Safety card
- Sensor compliance sheet
- 2GB SD card
- USB card reader
- Quick start guide
- USB Stick with DataView & User Manuals
The AEMC PEL 102 and PEL 103 are low cost, simple to use, one, two (split phase) and three phase (Y, Δ) power/energy data loggers. These products are ideal for electricians, engineers and contractors doing work in the area of building and system monitoring and upgrades, as well as residential and overall energy audits. All vital energy data is easily measured, recorded, and analyzed. Reports can be generated with confidence with minimal configuration time and effort (Standard and Customizable Reports supplied).
The design of the PEL 102 / PEL 103 enables it to be installed inside a load center panel (including the current sensors) and still allow the door to close on most panels. The PEL units offer all the essential functions for logging power/energy data from most electrical power networks in use today across the world (17 network set-ups provided). The PEL 102 / PEL 103 energy loggers measure and record three voltage inputs and current inputs, Watts, VARS, VA and Energy (kWh and kVA). Power Factor (PF), Displacement Power Factor (DPF), Crest Factor, Frequency and THD are calculated and recorded as well. Individual harmonic % information from 1 to the 50th harmonic are recorded at the operator's choice. All variables are recorded and stored at a one second interval and on user selectable demand intervals from 1 to 60 minutes.
Energy costs can be calculated and displayed quickly and easily by simply inputting the unit cost for a kilowatt hour into the software. Data is stored on a removable SD card. Data can be retrieved using a USB, Bluetooth and/or Ethernet (local or internet) connection by transporting the SD card back to a PC. The comprehensive DataView® software (included) provides the ability to view data from several hundred PEL 100 series instruments on a local network or over the internet allowing the user to evaluate energy usage in a department or facility basis, a remote site, or even in a city, anywhere in the world. DataView® allows measurements to be viewed in real-time on a PC and stored data to be downloaded for analysis and report generation.
- AEMC PEL 102 / PEL 103 Power and Energy Loggers Datasheet PDF (2.7 MB)
- AEMC PEL 102 / PEL 103 Power and Energy Loggers Spanish Datasheet PDF (5.1 MB)
- AEMC PEL 102 / PEL 103 Power and Energy Loggers Manual PDF (12.8 MB)
- AEMC PEL 102 / PEL 103 Power and Energy Loggers Quick Start Guide PDF (2.7 MB)
Application Notes and White Papers
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Quantifying the Savings of Equipment Upgrades
The Background: Our customer is a concrete crushing plant in the midst of upgrading the equipment in their facility as older equipment wears out. Part of the upgrade includes installing new energy efficient variable frequency drives on their motors.
The Problem: Although the process of upgrading has already started, the customer wants to be able to quantify the ROI on installing the VMDs. System changes can also alter electrical demand.
The Solution: The AEMC PEL 103 is the perfect solution. Multiple units can be installed on panels and sub-panels to collect data pre- and post-upgrade. The PEL units can be networked for a complete oversight into verifying the overall electrical load. The logged data can also be assigned energy cost $/kWH and actual costs can be calculated with the software. This helps justify payoff period for upgraded more energy efficient components.
Interested in Other Part Numbers?
Other part numbers are available to order but are not currently in stock. Current availability for non-stock parts is "Usually ships in 1-2 weeks". Click here to select options