Aalborg XFM Mass Flow Meters
Digital thermal mass flow meters for clean gases
Need Help? Call 1-800-884-4967 8:00am to 5:00pm ET
- ±1% of FS flow accuracy at calibration temp & pressure
- ±0.15% of full scale repeatability
- 0.15% of FS/°C or better flow temp coefficient
- 0.01% of FS/psi (6.895 kPa) flow pressure coefficient
- 500PSIG maximum gas pressure
- Supports up to 23 engineering & user-defined units
- Stores calibration data for up to 10 gases
- Programmable totalizer indicates total gas quantity
- Hi & low gas flow alarm limits with preset delay interval
- User-programmable elecromechanical SPDT relays
- User-selectable analog 0-5VDC or 4-20mA outputs
- Internal conversion factors for up to 32 gases
- RS-232/RS-485/Profibus DP digital interfaces available
- Automatic sensor zero offset adjustment
The Aalborg XFM mass flow meter is designed to work with clean gases. The meters are available in aluminum or stainless steel models. Flow rates can be displayed in 23 different volumetric flow or mass flow engineering units including user specific units.
The Aalborg XFM flow meter supports many functions including: a programmable flow totalizer, high and low flow alarm, automatic zero adjustment, 2 relay outputs, jumper selectable 0-5 VDC or 4-20 mA analog outputs, and status LED diagnostics. The XFM also stores calibration information for up to 10 different gases and supports internal or user-specific k-factors.
The Aalborg XFM digital mass flow meter is available with a digital RS485 or RS-232 interface (an optional Profibus DP interface is also available) which provides access to applicable internal data including: flow, CPU temperature, auto zero, totalizer and alarm settings, gas table, conversion factors and engineering units selection, dynamic response compensation and linearization table adjustment. The analog interface provides 0 to 5 VDC or 40 to 20 mA (jumper selectable) outputs for flow reading.
The Aalborg XFM supports automatic sensor zero offset adjustment which can be activated locally or remotely via digital interface. The totalizer function calculates the total volume of gas by integrating the actual gas flow rate as a function of time. High and low gas flow alarm limits can be preprogrammed via digital interface. Alarm conditions become true when the current flow reading is equal or higher/lower than corresponding values of high and low alarm levels.
Please note that XFM mass flow meters are designed to work only with clean gases. Never try to measure flow rates of liquids with XFM. Calibrations are performed at standard conditions [14.7PSIA (101.4kPa) and 70°F (21.1°C)] unless otherwise requested.