Badger Meter PM5 and MSE5XP Signal Transmitters
Meter mounted mechanical scaled pulse signal transmitters
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- High Temperature Rating: 250° F
- Hermetically sealed reed switch output
- Reed Switch: Single-pole, single-throw
- Switch Rating: 120 Volts Max, 0.5 Amp Max
- Duty Cycle: Approximately 50%
- Does not require external power
- MSE5XP transmitter is explosion-proof with CSA listing for Class 1, Group D, Division I (Hazardous Locations)
- Rugged, cast bronze enclosure (MSE5XP)or corrosion resistant, glass filled plastic housing (PM5)
This product is an accessory for the following products:
The Badger Meter PM5 and MSE5XP mechanical pulse transmitters are designed to be used with Badger Meter's magnetic drive meters including the OP and Disc meter lines. These transmitters are used in metering systems that require pulse closures for recording rate of flow, quantity of flow, liquid feeding, blending and batching. The pulse transmitter provides a scaled electrical pulse signal (switch closure type) for each discrete unit of liquid volume metered. The signal is used to operate instruments and controls.
These transmitters are identical except for the housing. The PM5 transmitter has a glass filled plastic housing and a NEMA 4X rating. The MSE5XP housing is bronze with a NEMA 4 rating. The MSE5XP transmitter is also explosion-proof with CSA listing for Class 1, Group D, Division I (Hazardous Locations)
The PM5 and MSE5XP are for use with Badger Meter disc and OP flow meters.