Watlow AF Style Mineral Insulated Dual Element Thermocouple
Thermocouple with spring strain relief and metal transitions
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Special mineral insulation protects thermocouple form moisture and thermal shock
- Permits operation in high termperature and pressure environments
- Small diameters are ideal when physical space or extremely fast response are critical
- Flexible NACTPAK material allows forming and bending of the thermocouple
- Outer sheath protects wires from oxidation and hostile environments
- Wide range of sheath materials, diameters and calibrations to meet specific requirements
Metal transitions are the distinguishing feature of the Watlow AF style mineral insulated thermocouples. The transition provides a durable, potted connection between the XACTPAK sheathed thermocouple material and the flexible SERV-RITE® insulated wire.
On the Watlow AF style mineral insulated thermocouples with metal transitions the transition is crimped to the sheath 0.040 in. and larger. Crimping is a quick, reliable method of attachment.
Watlow Mineral Insulated Thermocouples
Watlow mineral insulated thermocouples are fast-responding, durable, and capable of handling higher temperatures.
Watlow mineral insulated thermocouples are manufactured with XACTPAK®, Watlow's trademark for metal-sheathed, mineral insulated (MI) thermocouple material. XACTPAK responds fast because the protective metal outer sheath allows the use of smaller diameter thermocouple conductors. The rock hard compacted MgO insulation further enhances the sensor's ability to "read" temperature by transferring heat quickly to the measuring junction.
The XACTPAK protecting sheath and compacted insulation outperforms bare wire thermocouples in most applications.
Applications for the Watlow AF Style Mineral Insulated Thermocouple with Metal Transitions
- Heat treating
- Bearing temperature
- Power stations
- Steam generators
- Diesel engines
- Nuclear reactors
- Atomic research
- Jet engines and test cells
- Rocket engines
- Semiconductor manufacturing
- Refineries/oil processing
- Catalytic reformers
- Food Processing