Watlow AB Style Mineral Insulated Cut and Stripped Dual Element Thermocouple
Dual element sensor with mineral insulation for performance allows users to terminate the thermocouple for convenience
Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Cut and stripped dual element thermocouple
- Special mineral insulation protects thermocouple form moisture and thermal shock
- Permits operation in high temperature and pressure environments
- Small diameters are ideal when physical space or extremely fast response are critical
- Flexible NACTPAK material allows forming and bending of the thermocouple
- Outer sheath protects wires from oxidation and hostile environments
- Wide range of sheath materials, diameters and calibrations to meet specific requirements
Watlow AB style mineral insulated cut and stripped dual element thermocouples are fast-responding, durable, and capable of handling higher temperatures than non-insulated thermocouples.
Watlow AB style mineral insulated cut and stripped dual element thermocouples are manufactured with XACTPAK®, Watlow's trademark for metal-sheathed, mineral insulated (MI) thermocouple material. XACTPAK® responds quickly because the protective metal outer sheath allows the use of smaller diameter thermocouple conductors. The rock hard compacted MgO insulation further enhances the sensor's ability to "read" temperature by transferring heat quickly to the measuring junction.
The XACTPAK® protecting sheath and compacted insulation protects from moisture, thermal shock, high temperatures, and high pressure to allow the Watlow AB style mineral insulated cut and stripped dual element thermocouple to outperform its bare wire counterparts in most applications.
The Watlow AB style mineral insulated cut and stripped thermocouple features mineral insulation for performance and allows users to terminate the thermocouple for convenience. The AB style is simply a section of XACTPAK® material, junctioned and stripped. The Watlow AB style mineral insulated cut and stripped thermocouple is the most basic of all the mineral insulated thermocouple styles. The cold end is stripped and sealed with epoxy to inhibit moisture penetration. A dual element style allows two instruments to run off the same element, reducing costs.