Dakota Ultrasonics MX Series Thickness Gauges
Precision ultrasonic thickness gauges with a selection of models to meet the needs of a variety of applications
Need Help? Call a Flow Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Meter range of 0.025 to 19.999 inches (0.63 to 500mm)
- Switch to select English or Metric units
- Velocity of 0.0492 to 0.3937in/μs (1250 to 10,000m/sec)
- Accepts dual-element transducers
- 1 to 10MHz frequency
- Bar graph indicates stability of reading
- Data logs up to 1000 readings (MX-5DL)
- Differential and alarm modes (MX-5 and MX-5DL)
- RS232 output for data transfer
- Easy to read 4.5 digit backlit LCD
- Operates for up to 200 hours on 2AA batteries
- 5-year limited warranty
- Factory calibration traceable to national standards
- CE approved
What's in the Box
- Thickness transducer
- AA batteries
- Carrying case
- Certificate of calibration
Dakota Ultrasonics MX Series Thickness Gauges require no special training to operate and are able to measure the thicknesses of common materials from 0.025 to 19.999 inches (0.63 to 500 millimeters) with the appropriate transducer. The standard 5MHz transducer has a range of 0.04 to 6 inches on steel (this transducer can be substituted for another model, please contact us for details).
Dakota MX-1 Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
The MX-1 will hold a single velocity, making it the perfect choice where one material is being tested day after day without the need to re-calibrate to different materials on the fly. With the preset velocity in the gauge, you simply turn it on and you are ready to work. The velocity is set with a simple software program that is supplied with the unit.
Dakota MX-2 Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
The MX-2 is ideal for the person that tests a few different materials regularly. Featuring 8 common preset material types and 2 user programmable types via simple PC program, it's a little more flexible than the MX-1.
Dakota MX-3 Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
The MX-3 provides users the ability to field calibrate on the fly. This model offers extreme flexibility and accuracy to calibrate to a variety of materials instantly. Simply tell the MX-3 one known thickness point located on the test material, and the MX-3 will calculate the material type for you. The Dakota MX-3 ultrasonic thickness gauge is also equipped with a two point calibration option, providing the user with extreme accuracy. Another special feature of the MX-3 is the high speed scan mode. In this mode, the MX-3 takes 16 readings per second rather than 4 readings per second in standard measurement mode. The readings are viewable while scanning. Simply remove the transducer from the area being tested and the Dakota MX-3 ultrasonic thickness gauge will display the minimum thickness in the area scanned.
Dakota MX-5 Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
The MX-5 has all the features of the MX-3 plus an audible and visual alarm mode. In alarm mode, the user can set a nominal thickness value. When measurements fall above or below the set nominal value, a red light and audible beeper is displayed and sounded. The MX-5 also features a differential mode. In differential mode, the user sets a target thickness value and the Dakota MX-5 ultrasonic thickness gauge will display the difference ( +/- ) from the target value. The MX-5 is also equipped with an RS232 port out. This enables the user the ability to send measurements to an external data collection device or directly to a PC.
Dakota MX-5DL Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
The MX-5DL has all the features of the MX-5 plus an internal data logger that stores a total of 1000 readings in 10 files of 100 readings per file. This gives the user the ability to store, and download the stored measurements directly to a PC using DakView software program (software and transfer cable are included).
- Dakota Ultrasonics MX-1 & MX-2 Thickness Gauge Datasheet PDF (347 KB)
- Dakota Ultrasonics MX-3, MX-5 & MX-5DL Thickness Gauge Datasheet PDF (404 KB)
- Dakota Ultrasonics MX-1 Thickness Gauge Manual PDF (365 KB)
- Dakota Ultrasonics MX-2 Thickness Gauge Manual PDF (345 KB)
- Dakota Ultrasonics MX-3 Thickness Gauge Manual PDF (415 KB)
- Dakota Ultrasonics MX-5 Thickness Gauge Manual PDF (440 KB)
- Dakota Ultrasonics MX-5DL Thickness Gauge Manual PDF (467 KB)
This product can be used in the following applications: