Druck PACE5000 / PACE6000 Modular Pressure Controller
Economical solution to pressure control for production, test, and calibration
Need Help? Call a Calibration Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- High speed pressure control
- Up to 210 bar (3000 psi/21 MPa) gauge & absolute
- Choice of precision up to 0.005% Rdg +0.005% FS
- Long-term stability up to 0.01% rdg per annum
- Barometric reference option
- Negative gauge calibration included as standard
- RS232, IEEE connectivity, Ethernet & USB standard
- High-resolution color touch screen operation
- Compatible with software packages
The Pneumatic Druck PACE5000 / PACE6000 Modular Pressure Controllers bring together the latest control and measurement technology to offer an elegant fast flexible and economical solution to pressure control for automated production, test and calibration.
The PACE5000 and PACE6000 employ full digital control to provide high control stability and high slew rate, while its digitally characterized pressure sensor offers the quality, stability, higher bandwidth, and precision associated with this latest generation of piezo-resistive devices.
The PACE series includes:
- Single channel pressure controller chassis
- Dual channel pressure controller chassis
- Easy to use color touch screen display
- Can be used with any interchangeable PACE CM control module as a bench top or rack mounted pressure controller
- Intuitive task driven menu with basic, preset & divide as standard
- Switch test, leak test, burst test, test program, analog output & voltage free contacts available as optional tasks
- Multi Language - any additional language to suit specific requirements can easily be translated & downloaded
- Aeronautical option enabling full control in aeronautical units
- No module pressure range ratio limit
- With two PACE CM control modules fitted the PACE6000 can be used in single, auto-ranging or simultaneous dual pressure control mode
The switch test option automates the testing of pressure switch devices. Following the test, the pressure at which contacts open and close and the switch hysteresis is displayed. Switch Test Task can also be set to repeat several times to exercise a switch or capture switch toggle max, min and average values.
The leak test option applies a test pressure(s) to an external system connected to the instrument to determine the magnitude of pressure variations due to leaks. This application sets the test pressure and a dwell time to eliminate potential adiabatic effects at the test pressure and the leak test time period. On completion, the display shows the Start Pressure, End Pressure, Pressure Change and Leak Rate.
The test program option provides a facility for creating, storing and executing numerous test procedures within the instrument itself. This is particularly useful for longer, more repetitive and laborious procedures requiring manual inputs for rapid prototyping, manufacturing and life cycle testing. Test Programs can also be transferred to a PC using a mass storage device for further editing and copied back from the mass storage device to the instrument.
The analog output option can be programmed via the setup menu screen to output a signal proportional to the instrument range selected. This allows the instrument to interface with PC or PLC I/O cards, remote displays, chart recorders or other data logging equipment.
Users can select outputs of 0 to 10 V, 0 to 5 V, -5 to 5 V and 0/4 to 20 mA. Precision with respect to host instrument measured pressure 0.05% FS over the host instrument operating temperature range, variable update rate to 80 readings per second. The option is programmable between minimum and FS pressure for proportional output against pressure.
Volt Free Contacts enable control of peripheral devices such as vacuum pumps, ovens, etc. Each VFC option has three independent volt-free NO/NC relay contacts. A number of conditions can be set within a PACE instrument to trigger a relay toggling its contacts.
The burst test option is an application for the PACE Series designed primarily for the testing of pressure rupture discs. The burst test option applies a controlled increase of pressure and accurately measures the exact point at which the device rupture or burst occurs.
- GE Druck PACE5000 / PACE6000 Modular Pressure Controller Datasheet PDF (659 KB)
- GE Druck PACE5000 Modular Pressure Controller Spanish Datasheet PDF (137 KB)
- GE Druck PACE Series Communications Manual PDF (443 KB)
- GE Druck PACE5000 / PACE6000 Modular Pressure Controller Manual PDF (8.8 MB)
- GE Druck PACE5000 / PACE6000 Modular Pressure Controller Spanish Manual PDF (3.4 MB)
- GE Druck PACE Burst Test Manual Addendum PDF (1.1 MB)
These additional components are required for the operation of your product. We strongly advise you to purchase these components unless you already own them or own a suitable alternative.
Please consider these optional accessories.
This product can be used in the following applications:
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Fatigue Testing Medical Devices
The Background: Our customer is medical supply manufacturer that seeks a means to fatigue test a line of catheters they produce.
The Problem: Fatigue testing catheters is part of the customer’s product testing protocol to ensure they work properly for patients. The catheter is subjected to the equivalent of 100,000,000 cycles over a 2-year span.
The Solution: We recommended the GE Druck PACE5000 Modular Pressure Controller which offers burst test and test program options which help automate the customer’s testing protocol.
Testing OEM Pressure Switches
The Background: The customer manufactures pressure gauges and switches used for gas density monitoring applications and has had problems testing their switches.
The Problem: The customer was testing their switches using a GE Druck DPI280 indicator with pressure provided from nitrogen bottles. They were reading pressure from the DPI280 and recording by hand when they heard the switch contact close. This method, along with leaky hoses being used during the testing process, made it difficult to be consistent.
The Solution: The GE Druck PACE5000 Modular Pressure Controller maintained perfect pressure when in control mode despite the leaky hoses. With the switch test option, the customer was able to digitally record the pressure at which the switch closed in both ascending and descending tests. Due to the speed, accuracy and modular nature of the PACE5000, the customer has standardized their use and has purchased 6 units.