Seametrics TX800 Series Flow Sensor
Fixed-depth turbine flow sensor. Replaces ES45-D
Need Help? Call a Flow Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- Brass, SS, or PVC body
- 0.8 to 4700 GPM
- 1-1/2" to 8"
- 200 psi max. (SS and brass)
- 200°F max. (SS and brass)
- High-quality ruby bearings for excellent low-flow performance and long life
- One easily-replaced moving part
- Pickup exerts no magnetic drag on the rotor
The Seametrics TX800 Series of insertion turbine flow sensors is designed for use in pipe sizes 1-1/2" to 8". High-quality jewel bearings and nickel-bound tungsten carbide shaft offer maximum life and low friction. Solid rod is machined to form the bodies of the TX800 turbine flow sensors for maximum precision.
The low flow performance of the TX80 turbine flow sensor is superior. The rotation of the rotor is detected by a non-drag Hall-effect sensor and then outputted in a pulse-type square wave, which can be sent long distances (up to 2,000 feet) without a transmitter. This signal can be connected directly to Seametrics controls, as well as PLCs, counters, and computer cards.
Seametrics TX800 meters are ideal for chemical proportioning applications. If no display is required, a simple divider such as the PD10 provides adjustable pump pacing. For rate and total display, a modular system of electronics can be installed directly on the flow sensor or mounted remotely. The FT430 externally powered with pulse), FT440 (loop powered), and FT450 (battery powered) all provide digital rate and total displays, as well as a programmable pulse; the FT440 also provides a 4-20 mA analog output. The AO55 blind analog transmitter can be used to convert to a 4-20 mA output. IP meters are also compatible with the DL76 data logger and FT520 batch processor.
Turbine flow sensors from the TX800 Series require special fittings since they are not depth-adjustable. Installation in the fitting ensures correct depth placement in the pipe. Fittings are available in PVC, brass, and stainless steel. Flow sensors are available in brass, 316 stainless steel, and polypropylene. In plastic pipe 3" to 8", use an IP82 sensor, which is 1" longer than the IP81 to accommodate the larger fittings.
Features of the Seametrics TX800 Series Turbine Flow Sensors
- Pipe stubs provided for ease of installation
- Fitting automatically sets probe at correct depth and orientation
- High level (12 VDC) signal can be sent up to 2000+ feet without transmitter
- Jewel bearings for superior low-flow performance
- Threaded housings allow for field repair
- Each fitting individually calibrated and marked with K-factor (pulses per gallon)
This product can be used in the following applications: