Seametrics IP800 Series Paddlewheel Flow Meter
Fixed-depth paddlewheel flow meter Replaces ES45-A
Need Help? Call a Flow Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open Mo-Th 8am to 5:30pm. Fr 8am to 5pm ET
- PVC, Polypro, Brass, or SS body
- 250 PSI max. (SS)
- 200°F max. (SS, brass)
- High-quality ruby bearings for excellent low-flow performance and long life
- One easily-replaced moving part
- Pickup exerts no magnetic drag on the rotor
- Indicator or transmitter can be mounted on the flow meter or remote
- Sensor is a 12 VDC current sinking pulse Hall Effect Sensor
The Seametrics IP800 Series paddlewheel flow meters are impeller-type insertion meters designed for use in pipe sizes 1/2" to 8". High-quality jewel bearings and nickel-bound tungsten carbide shaft are used for maximum life and extreme low friction. The bodies of the IP800 paddlewheel flow meters are machined from solid rod for maximum precision.
The IP800's low flow performance is superior. The rotation of the rotor is detected by a non-drag Hall-effect sensor. Output is a pulse-type square wave, which can be sent long distances (up to 2,000 feet) without a transmitter. This signal can be connected directly to Seametrics controls, as well as PLCs, counters, and computer cards.
Seametrics IP800 meters are ideal for chemical proportioning applications. For rate and total display, a modular system of electronics can be installed directly on the flow sensor or mounted remotely. The FT430 externally powered with pulse), FT440 (loop powered), and FT450 (battery powered) all provide digital rate and total displays, as well as a programmable pulse; the FT440 also provides a 4-20 mA analog output. The AO55 blind analog transmitter can be used to convert to a 4-20 mA output. IP meters are also compatible with the DL76 data logger and FT520 batch processor.
The IP800 Series meters require special fittings since they are not depth-adjustable. Installation in the fitting ensures correct depth placement in the pipe. Fittings are available in PVC, brass, and stainless steel. Sensors are available in brass, 316 stainless steel, PVC, and polypropylene. In plastic pipe 3" to 8", use an IP82 sensor, which is 1.00" longer than the IP81 to accommodate the larger fittings.
Features of the Seametrics IP800 Series Paddlewheel Flow Meters
- High level (12 VDC) signal can be sent up to 2000+ feet without transmitter
- Fitting automatically sets probe at correct depth and orientation
- Each fitting individually calibrated and marked with K-factor (pulses per gallon)
- Jewel bearings for superior low-flow performance
- Threaded housings allow for field repair
This product can be used in the following applications:
Interested in Other Part Numbers?
Other part numbers are available to order but are not currently in stock. Current availability for non-stock parts is "Usually ships in 2-3 weeks. Call for expedite options". Click here to select options