The Next Generation Flow Meter: Panametrics PT900 Replaces PT878
Panametrics introduced the TransPort® PT900 Portable Ultrasonic Flow Meter, a clamp-on meter for liquid flow measurement. Significant customer research and input informed the design of the TransPort, leading to an all-new transmitter and clamping fixture and app-driven user interface on an Android tablet.
The TransPort® PT900 capitalized on the ruggedness and superior performance of its predecessor, the TransPort® PT878, but delivers a whole new level of intuitive and user-friendly capability. It features a total redesign of the flow transmitter, clamping fixture, and user interface. Key improvements include a redesigned fixture and a streamlined user interface on an Android tablet.
Since the clamp-on TransPort measures flow from outside a pipe, it does not require the process to be shut down for installation. Its portability allows it to be moved easily from location to location for temporary or spot flow measurement or check metering. Rugged transducers handle most pipe sizes and materials and liquids ranging from ultrapure to extremely dirty water and refined hydrocarbon liquids to crude oil, making it perfect for industries ranging from oil & gas and petrochem to water/wastewater and industrial. Other TransPort advantages include:
- - Bluetooth® communication between transmitter and tablet for wireless freedom
- - Easy programming with touch screen, multiple-language user interface on an off-the-shelf Android tablet
- - Fast responding transmitter with LED health indicators to ensure it’s always ready to use
- - 8 GB of memory allowing for large data logs
- - Improved accuracy (± 1% of reading)
- - Easy to install clamping fixture that is virtually foolproof for confidence in the measurement
For further assistance, or any questions, comments, or concerns, visit Instrumart.com or call at 1-800-884-4967 to speak with an application engineer. We offer free full tech support with every product we sell.