Watlow Etched Foil Element Silicone Rubber Flexible Heaters
Usually ships in 2-3 weeks
- Manufactured by Watlow
- Can be designed to almost any shape and size
- Etched foil elements
- Operating temperature of up to 500°F (260°C)
- Watt densities up to 80 W/in2 (12.5 W/cm2)
- Just 0.018 inch thick
- Numerous configurations available
- UR, cUR and VDE recognitions available on many designs
Watlow silicone rubber flexible heaters are rugged yet thin, lightweight, and flexible. With Watlow silicone rubber flexible heaters, you can put the heat where it's needed and, in the process, improve heat transfer, speed warm-ups, and decrease wattage requirements. Fiberglass-reinforced silicone rubber gives your Watlow silicone rubber flexible heater dimensional stability without sacrificing flexibility. Because very little material separates the element from the part, heat transfer is rapid and efficient.
Watlow silicone rubber flexible heaters are available with either wire-wound or etched foil elements. These heaters have an operating temperature of up to 500°F (260°C) and can generate watt densities up to 80 W/in2 (12.5 W/cm2) depending upon application temperature. At just 0.018 inch thick, these heaters can be designed to almost any shape and size, including 3-D geometries, to conform to your equipment. The silicone rubber material is moisture and chemical-resistant providing longer heater life and making it easy to bond or attach to your part through the use of vulcanizing, adhesives, or fasteners. UR, cUR, and VDE recognitions are available on many flexible heater designs.
Applications for the Watlow Silicone Rubber Flexible Heaters:
- Freeze protection and condensation prevention for many types of instrumentation and equipment
- Medical equipment such as blood analyzers, test tube heaters, etc.
- Computer peripherals such as laser printers
- Curing of plastic laminates
- Photo processing equipment