Intempco LTX02 Capacitance Level Transmitter
Capacitance level transmitter, heavy duty concentric tube type design, continuous loop powered 4-20mA operation
Need Help? Call a Calibration Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- Continuous loop powered 4-20 mA operation
- Microprocessor Based
- Accuracy 1% of span for constant dielectric of material
- Non-interactive zero and span calibration
- Calibration accomplished with 4 push buttons
- Heavy duty industrial design
- NEMA rated aluminum, stainless, PVC and explosion proof housings available
- Standard fitting 1-1/2 NPT, flange and special fittings available
- Standard or custom probe lengths are available from 6 inches to 20 feet
- SS316 outside tube
- Choice of bare SS316 or Teflon coated probe
- 12 to 36 VDC supply voltage
LTX02 series 2-wire level transmitters are essentially LTX01 transmitters assembled with a concetric tube. LTX02 sensors can measure tank levels of liquids in metalic as well as non-metalic tanks. All other performance specifications are indentical to LTX01 sensors.
Ideal applications for the LTX02 include systems utilizing irregularly shaped tanks (ie. cone shaped); water based liquids in non-metallic tanks with the teflon coated probe and oil/mineral based liquids in metal/non-metallic tanks with the bare SS316 probe. Liquids being used must be compatible with chosen probe material; SS316 or PFA Teflon.
The LTX02 includes a standard 4 - 20mA loop powered LTX transmitter,a rugged customer selected enclosure, a rigid bare SS316 or Teflon coated probe, concentric tube for ranges of up to 20 feet and a fitting. The LTX02 is designed for tanks which have fitting connections of 3/4" NPT or larger. Call factory for smaller tank openings or special applications.
- Water and water-based liquids in non-metalic tanks
- Jacketed probes required for conductive media
- Organic Acids compatible with SS316
- Oils and fuels in metalic and non-metalic tanks
- Use bare probes with non-conductive media
- On-site calibration required
- Not recommended where material dielectric changes
Here's how some of our customers used this product.
Monitoring the Water Level of Landscape Features
The Background: Our customer is a building maintenance company seeking a way to measure the water level of the pumping system for a landscaping feature in front of a downtown skyscraper they manage
The Problem: The customer had previously tried other level sensors, including ultrasonic and pressure, but had been unhappy with them for various reasons including complexity, low resolution, and inaccuracy.
The Solution: We recommended the Intempco LTX02 capacitance level transmitter with a teflon-coated inner rod and stainless steel outer tube. The customer has installed this unit and is happy with the ease-of-use and resolution.