Accurate Thermal Systems FTBSL15 Fluidized Temp Bath
7.25 x 15in working volume, 122 to 1121°F, heats to 932°F in 135 minutes and cools back down to 392°F in 215 minutes
Need Help? Call a Calibration Engineer 1-800-884-4967
We're open 8:00am to 5:30pm ET
- 122 to 1121°F (50 to 605°C) temperature range
- Specifications at 932°F (500°C)
- ±0.54°F (0.3°C) stability
- ±5.4°F (3°C) accuracy
- 1.08°F (0.6°C) radial uniformity at 10in depth
- 1.8°F (1°C) axial uniformity over 9in
- Requires clean, dry air supply at a fixed rate
- 40 psi (2.76 bar), 3.5 ft³/min (100 L/min) max
- 240VAC (50/60Hz), 20 amp power requirement
- 4000 watt heat capacity
- 1-year warranty & CE marked
What's in the Box
- 100lbs of brown aluminum oxide media
- Particulate extraction collar
- Bath cover & lid
- RS485 USB interface cable & PC software
The Accurate Thermal Systems FTBSL15 fluidized temperature bath uses a cover and lid system to minimize media loss and keep your operating area cleaner. Media is blocked by the lid or collected on the cover flange which drops back into the system. You can also use the included particulate exhaust collar in conjunction with a blower and cyclone to capture any media that rises from the bath.
The lid can be easily modified to suspend a device, mandrel, or an apparatus to immerse. Accurate Thermal Systems also offers an accessory parts basket for this use. For safety, the handle is elevated above the lid to keep hands away from the heat. Another modification possibility is to add thermowells for calibrating multiple temperature sensors.
Like all Accurate Thermal Systems fluidized baths, the FTBSL15 is a much safer option over molten salt baths and immersed objects come out clean and dry with no material to remove. It also will provide better temperature stability and uniformity than ovens.
Recommended applications for the FTBSL15 are medical device shape setting, calibration, and reactor heating, but will also work for general heat treatment of materials and thermal analysis of circuits and components.